The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Occasionally have this happen. I think problem was that I usually try to have light lunch and reasonably normal dinner. However yesterday I had business lunch so had to use most calories then. Had only vegetable soup for dinner and did go to bed very hungry. Now cannot seem to stop! And don't want to as I don't want to feel deprived on non-fast day as that is key for this to work for me. Anyway think I will just have to run with today and make sure future fast days leave enough for decent evening meal...

Anyone else experience this?
Well into fasting and I still have this sometimes. Only it's not really hunger just wanting something else. But sometimes it is hunger. Unlike you, I don't know what triggers it so just run with it. At least you have an idea what's causing yours and know what to do about it. That;s good. Over time it may settle- hopefully.
PS thanks for the roast garlic soup recipe - it's gorgeous! :D
I find that I am more hungry when I've had a recent drop in weight, kind of like the body says "hang on, need to get that fat back" so I just eat more veg and tell it that I don't want the fat back! lol :)
I know the feeling.

I just go with the flow. It happens at random, can't find triggers.

At this point when you are doing a calorie restricted diet you either suffer untold misery or give up. I would give up. :cry:

The nice thing about 5:2 is that you can satisfy your hunger and know you are losing weight :cool:

It may take longer, but why not do it the easy way?
I sometimes have the feeling that I want to keep eating and nothing satisfies me. A nutritionist friend suggested having some marmite - I normally have it on a piece of toast or rice crackers - and it normally stops the cravings. I have just discovered marmite rice crackers and they do the job too.
5 posts Page 1 of 1