The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Fast days
11 Jun 2013, 17:11
Hi.

When people are on their fast days how many cals do you consume?

Do people stick to the basic 500 or what amount it gives you on the progress page??

Thanks

Karen
Re: Fast days
11 Jun 2013, 17:13
Hi Karen,
I stick to 500 on fast days. Xx
11 Jun 2013, 17:16
Hi usually have btwn 400 & 500 on my fast days x
03 Jul 2013, 08:12
I generally stick to the 500. I don't get obsessed with it though the tummy rumbles tell me I am on track and as most people seem to say have been losing 2kg every 4 weeks (I only weigh in once a month):)
03 Jul 2013, 08:15
I stick to 500 as well, can go slightly over on cold days though, just feel the need for something sweet sometimes so on occasion have been known to have a piece of fruit or a plain biscuit for afternoon tea!
It still seems to work - good luck to you.
03 Jul 2013, 10:47
I have between 450 and 500- musy say I never go over the 500.
03 Jul 2013, 11:07
I'm nowhere near as strict as most people on this forum seem to be. I found on my first "fast" day that I couldn't stick to 500 calories. (As for the 389 the calculator suggests - :lol: :lol: !)I found I could stick to 600, and that's what I aim for. In fact I probably go over that because I don't count anything for green veggies. I also don't fast, I just restrict the calories and spread them out through the day. So I call my restricted days "WA-days" (stands for "wheelchair avoidance", my motivator!) I also found in the early weeks that I got so hungry on a WA-day that I would eat up big the day before to carry me through, and sometimes I stayed up till midnight on the WA-day to have a snack on the next day's time!

For me, what worked is finding a line that I could live with, but then never, ever, crossing that line. Even if I stay up to midnight to have that snack, I am still exercising my discipline. But it's easy to do, because when it's not a WA-day I eat whatever I want. I probably want a little less of the wrong things now, but I don't think about it or restrict myself, it has just come naturally. It's wonderful to have that freedom from feeling out of control after a lifetime of disordered eating.

Amazingly enough, my version of 5:2 still works. I've lost about half a pound a week, for a total of 24 lbs, and it has been so easy! I know the rate is slower than most, but I'm really happy with it.
03 Jul 2013, 11:09
I don't count calories on fast day (any day really). I just have one meal in the evening after work - recently it's a bowl of stew or sauce like bolognese with lots of veg and some meat and no starchy carbs. It's been working very well for me, especially "no carbs" on fast day.
03 Jul 2013, 12:25
I have between 200 and 300 kcal on fast days. Less makes me too hungry on the following feed day, more flips my hunger switch on the fast day.
9 posts Page 1 of 1