The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Help I am so hungry!
11 Jun 2013, 17:44
On a fast day. Have used up my 500 calories and not sure how can get to bed time and stay out of the kitchen! Help!
Re: Help I am so hungry!
11 Jun 2013, 17:47
Bovril, sugar free jelly-shouldn't do much damage
11 Jun 2013, 17:48
fizzy water - it always helps stave off the hunger pangs
11 Jun 2013, 17:49
Got any veg stock cubes lying around? They're reasonably light in calories (maybe about 25ish for half a cube - they're a wonderful standby and convince my stomach that I'm actually supping on a noodle soup (though there's not a noodle in sight) - I use Knorr stock pots and love them. Or a hot Bovril/Marmite drink. But stay away from the kitchen apart from the kettle of course :confused: It's 18.46 here in the UK - any chance you could go out for a walk to take your mind off of it. The feeling will pass if you can just give it 20 mins or so. Fill up with water/black tea/coffee or similar liquid ?? Good luck - hang in there - bedtime soon !!!!! :clover:
11 Jun 2013, 17:55
All good advice, I'll add sugar free candy.
11 Jun 2013, 17:59
Thanks all just made a marmite drink.. Not keen but just smelling it helps!! Hubby in kitchen cooking bacon that is not helping! Will stock up on jelly fizzy water etc for my next fast day!
11 Jun 2013, 18:09
You may or may not like this much, but I sometimes stuff my mouth full of raw kale and spinach. You can eat several handfuls before you hit the tens of calories, you get the satisfaction of chewing and swallowing large volumes of food, and the fiber combined with a tall glass of water will stay in your stomach for an hour or two. Give it a try and see if it works for you. :-)
25 Jun 2013, 01:14
I have the easiest time fasting if I consume zero calories all day long until dinner with my family. I wait as late as humanly possible and I start my meal with an ENORMOUS raw-vegetable-salad. As someone above mentioned, dark, leafy greens - romaine lettuce, raw spinach leaves, kale, etc. I allow myself about 100 calories worth of dressing and then 300 calories for a high density protein like chicken breast, cottage cheese, steak, pork chop, etc.

It takes a LOT of salad greens to make 50 calories worth and I go to bed with a comfortably, happily full tummy and feel great. I try to make sure my salad dressing is as low/no carb as possible.

I do find that I enjoy a fizzy, calorie-free drink during the middle of the day when I would normally eat lunch. I'm not a huge soda-pop drinker, but on fast days I almost always have one diet coke. It gets me through my afternoon slump.

This works for me. I'm sure you will find something that works for you! Keep experimenting and don't get too discouraged. :)
8 posts Page 1 of 1