The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
What time to eat?
11 Jun 2013, 17:53
Tonight I have no choice, root canal treatment means that if I try & eat anything before about 21h I'm most likely tomeat my tongue or my cheek! So that got me thinking ......

Maximising the length of time without eating is meant to be good (there's nerdy reasons why, that I followed but can't quote!) so that would suggest that the later I eat the better, but, the later I eat the closer I'm going to eating before I go to bed which I have always believed to be bad.

Hence the question. Over to you guys for your thoughts please .......
Re: What time to eat?
11 Jun 2013, 18:01
Don't go to the dentist with an empty stomach, this is one of the few rules that my dad taught me and I follow it everytime.
Not only you might not be able to eat for several hours after that but if you have to take pain killers or antibiotics you will need to have food in you. I usually eat a couple of hours before going.
11 Jun 2013, 18:07
Ooops, too late for that advice TML13 :lol:
11 Jun 2013, 18:14
Maybe some soup? Nothing chunky so you don't chew chunks from your cheeks, perhaps something creamy?
11 Jun 2013, 18:20
Thanks for theadvice betsy that's what I'm going to do tonight, but the root canal bit was just the introduction to my musings ...... on an ongoing basis ....

Maximise fast & eat late or eat early to avoid going to bed on a full stomach ???
11 Jun 2013, 18:24
If going to bed with full tummy is uncomfortable then eat early ... How long are you fasting anyway? And besides, one fast day isn't going to make that much difference in the grand scheme of things. :) Eat when you want, it's root canal! be kind to yourself.
11 Jun 2013, 18:26
On fast day I eat between 6-7pm only and have a 40 calorie hot chocolate drink before bed, it's quite filling and soothing :0)
11 Jun 2013, 18:28
Ah, sorry...
12 Jun 2013, 06:56
Fasting day dinner about 7ish or a bit later if I can hold out. Dinner the night before can be anywhere between 6 and 9ish. If it's later I try to hold out as long as I can on the fast day but as I like to eat with the family I can't always make that happen. Well, I could but it might turn messy.
Breakfast after a fast is usually about 8-9ish and I'm well ready for it.
01 Jul 2013, 17:10
Ditto Janeg :smile:
10 posts Page 1 of 1