The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Skipping breakfast costs the British economy £300million a year because hungry workers are less productive:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ctive.html

What does everyone think? If anything, I feel more alert at work without a sugary breakfast in my belly!
It has put me off my weetabix! I am guessing the the research is a tad biased in view of who sponsored it.
Think I'd be a bit wary of that conclusion given that its sponsored by a manufacturer of breakfast cereals! Bit like the recent one that said the British public need to eat more bread and was sponsored by Warburtons!
Having to eat breakfast has long been the myth promoted by various commercials & produce manufacturers remember "go to work on an egg"?
It is probably not until I had fasted that I revised my thinking. After all our ancestors had little choice in the matter they often had to gather or hunt before their breakfasts & the human race survived!
I guess it could depend on the kind of work one is doing. If they have to use their body or brain then, IMO, having breakfast is very important, so is the type of food eaten at that time of day.
Reading all about the Med diet, I see quite a difference between the breakfast of workers/farmers and the one of those who live in urban areas.
The differences can also be found between the breakfasts of the the athletes and the rest of the people in ancient Greece.
Personally, I can skip breakfast on a day when I don't have to work but on days when I'm working I find breakfast a necessity in order to be able to concentrate and be productive.
Daily Mail tosh again, but thanks for posting it.

"Workers in the East Midlands skip breakfast the least, with more than half saying they always make time for a morning meal."

No one asked me, If they had I would soon put em straight. I have skipped breakfast now for 3 months and feel loads better.

Again everyone is different, some need it, some don't but they shouldn't infer its BAD not to eat first thing. :roll:

Chris x
6 posts Page 1 of 1