The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

I've just returned to 5:2 dieting. It does work, but you have to keep it up, and unfortunately I took too long a "vacation" from it.

I just thought I'd share a fantastic new book I read on 5:2 dieting. I have several, and so far this is my favorite. The title is the 5:2 Bikini Diet by Jacqueline Whitehart. I have two more of her books on 5:2 dieting. I like them all, but this is the best. And there are many good 5:2 books out there.

It is loaded with great information, tips, suggestions and success stories. There are over 140 recipes too, and she gives the calorie count for each INGREDIENT in the recipe, so that you can add and delete ingredients to your taste, with each calorie count there. I wish more books with recipes would do that.

The thing I like best about the book is her honesty. She talks about putting on weight over Christmas because she overate goodies, and how it took her until February to take it off again. She also gives great advice for those on a plateau or having trouble losing weight. In fact it's the best advice I've ever read.

But my favorite thing is that even if you go nuts on "feed" days and gain weight, etc., she NEVER turns this into another diet. She tells us not to count calories or cut portions on our feed days if this happens. Just eat healthy foods, keep junk to a minimum, eat mindfully and some other really good suggestions, like maybe increasing your fast days to 3. I just love this book. For those of you who insist on counting calories on your feed days, this book might not be for you, but it really spoke to me and confirmed my feelings about 5:2. This has to be a lifestyle not another diet, and I for one can't count calories every day for the rest of my life. But kudos to those who do if it works for them. Believe me, I am not putting you down. I'm just speaking my own personal experience.

I just thought I'd share another good book that just came out on 5:2.
Thanks for the review! I just bought it on Amazon.com
Shes promoting the book in todays Sunday Express. I downloaded a sample off Amazon but it will have to wait a month before I buy it. At the end of my book budget for now!
3 posts Page 1 of 1