The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Just a quick q's
15 Jun 2013, 10:36
I do Mondays and Thursdays. Husband turns 50 on Monday, wants a nice Turkey roast and ice cream. Would doing Tuesday and Thursday be too difficult. I am a bit of a wuss with headaches by 3pm and its a mental struggle , or should i just push each fast day a day forward-tues/fri?

I love that I can look forward to awesome support, thanks guys n gals :-D
Re: Just a quick q's
15 Jun 2013, 10:43
Whatever suits you better, there is really no difference. Some people find back to back fasts difficult (I don't) but since there will be a day in between don't think about it, just do whatever you fancy! :-)
15 Jun 2013, 10:46
Whatever you feel most comfortable with. I would do Tuesday and Thursday if Thursday is generally a good day for you. Headaches are quite common until you settle in to this WOE. Make sure you drink loads of water and maybe a miso soup or bovril mid afternoon would help get you through. A couple of paracetamol and a cuppa with you feet up for 10 minutes will clear it if it gets too much to bear. Enjoy your turkey roast and Happy Birthday to your husband!
15 Jun 2013, 10:46
I think that's something you'll have to decide for yourself. I have quite often changed to Tuesday and Thursday and found it no different than Mon/thu. Certainly much easier than consecutive days.

Remember 5:2 is here to fit around your life, not the other way around. Do what works for you and enables you to enjoy special occasions like this :)
15 Jun 2013, 10:51
Hi zamale if was me I'd do Tues/Thurs simply because i've fed my face on turkey roast all, then I can go 24hrs but not everyone is the same, the joy of 5:2 is that it's so flexible so either option is still 2 fast days.
Tonight I have family meal out + wine involved prob 2 courses which I will do willingly ( in-laws + don't know I'm on diet) so we'll see if anyone notices any change. But tomorrow I shall do 24hr fast even on Sunday
l just go for walk mid morning get back have long soak in bath then slooowwly prepare evening meal, some time having oxo in between
Good luck with Birthday meal + enjoy :clover: Sue
15 Jun 2013, 10:59
Those headaches are awful aren't they. Good advice from pilchards and there is a whole thread on headaches you can read also

I understand why you would be apprehensive but see how you go as its your choice and easily moving the fast day along if you get a nasty headache. All the best and enjoy the birthday dinner. Sounds lovely
15 Jun 2013, 11:05
Thanks ladies, I will go with Tues/Thursday, but if Tues is too tough, I'll see it through,but do Friday, instead. Thanks all, you are all a lovely bunch :)
7 posts Page 1 of 1