The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Calorie counting
15 Jun 2013, 17:40
Hi,

I think I need to have more structure along with the 2 fast days and 16:8 days so I am going to start counting cals. I was thinking of doing 1200/1300 each day.

Do other people who count cals find that this amount works?? How many cals do other people consume on fast days when counting cals??

Thanks for advice,

Karen
Re: Calorie counting
15 Jun 2013, 18:13
Hi Karen,
Unfortunately, counting calories didn't work for me at all. Having said that, with the exception of once a week or a fortnight I always eat sensibly and healthy. Not restricted, by any mean, just good, tasty nutrition.
On my fast days, both when I was counting calories and now that I don't, I eat less than 500 calories. I try to keep it under 400, since my TDEE is around 1500 and the 25% of that is 375.
Whether 1200-1300 will work for you depends on your TDEE.
15 Jun 2013, 18:22
I hate calorie counting, but 2 days a week I can manage by keeping it simple and under 600 cals :confused:

Morning, just water, zero cals!

Lunchtime, as late as possible, yogurt and some fruit, 200 cals.

Evening, 3 egg omelette with mushrooms and tomatoes 300 cals

Evening 2 or 3 coffees 100 cals.

Sometimes cut down to a 2 egg omelette or less fruit, just cannot be bothered counting calories all day, which is why a 'calorie controlled diet' will never work for me, just too much hassle :razz:
16 Jun 2013, 02:21
Hi Karen, Since I have never dieted before, I do calorie count to see how much food I've taken in. TBH, I am not all that regimented. I use SparkPeople.com, and when there isn't a restaurant food listed, I will use the item from another restaurant, Also, when I am accurate, my calorie count is all over the map. My TDEE says around 1580, and I will eat anywhere from 1200 to 2300 (NOT too many of those!) on non-fast days! I haven't averaged my intake over a week, but it must be around my TDEE as I have been mostly losing! If you'd like me to check my intake more, I can.
4 posts Page 1 of 1