The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Holiday tips needed
16 Jun 2013, 08:28
I am lucky that my profession comes with very loooong holidays, but it's hard on the waist-line!
I am staying away from home and in people's houses for nearly 2 months while in Europe, and it makes 5:2 a bit of a challenge (although rather easier than other diets).
To give you an idea: I have a big fathers' day family lunch today, a night out with friends tomorrow night, I am staying at friends' every evening next week, etc.
I have managed to fit in two proper fast days on week 1 but on week 2 it seems almost impossible.
So far, I have tried to fit in mini-fasts to make up for extravagant days. For example, I had a big breakfast and lunch yesterday, but skipped dinner and am skipping breakfast today before this lunchtime's big meal.
Any other ideas for damage limitations on holiday, when it's not always possible to do full fasts?
Re: Holiday tips needed
16 Jun 2013, 09:20
Hi nanou I'd only been doing 4:3 one month when my holiday came up I just did the best I could calorie wise but no fast days at all with plenty walking so not much help from me there.
But I've had busy 2week spell eating out and what works for me is 2/3 normal fast days plus 3 days fasting 24hrs eating evening meal of yes over 500calories but well within my TDEE easy for me to say but I can go 24hrs quite well know that makes it a bit like any other diet which we all know it isn't but flexible enough to play around with days +times etc it did take me one week to lose what I'd gained on holiday but knew I could get back on board and do it.
Good luck with your long stretch :clover: Sue
2 posts Page 1 of 1