The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Tired... really sleepy.
16 Jun 2013, 17:02
So today was my first fast day and I lasted about 20 hours before having some food. Once I'd eaten (an especially bought calorie controlled meal) I suddenly got really tired. It is now only 6pm and I'm actually in bed and feel ready to sleep for hours. Is this normal... ? do normally go to bed quite early as I get up at 545am for work, but usually at about 9pm never this early.
Re: Tired... really sleepy.
16 Jun 2013, 17:31
I'm always more tired in the evenings after a fast day, even now after about 3 months. I'm usually in bed on fast days at about 9pm, sometimes even 8pm! Everything goes back to normal the day after, though.
16 Jun 2013, 17:38
I was really sleepy for the first few fasts. Normally I'm a real owl but I'd have my meal and be ready to go to bed! I'm Ok on normal days but I do sleep better now and wake earlier with more enthusiasm.
17 Jun 2013, 20:56
I actually fell asleep after starting this thread... didn't even have time to pick up my book. Didn't wake up until my alarm went off at 545am today - that's almost 12 hours of sleeping.
17 Jun 2013, 21:20
Thank god it's not just me. I can't remember the last time I went I bed before 11. Hopefully a bit extra beauty sleep will add to the benefits!
17 Jun 2013, 23:08
Welcome to the forum Anna London! :)
17 Jun 2013, 23:17
That sounds much better than the problems I have getting to sleep after a fast day.
18 Jun 2013, 05:10
Yes, I'm often very sleepy on fast evenings.
Now it's winter here it's nice to curl up early and drift off! :sleepy:
8 posts Page 1 of 1