The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Taking week off ...
17 Jun 2013, 22:23
... As witness to serious multi car accident last night, narrowly missing being involved ... It has pulled me up short, so have decided to 'go easy' this week and take time out until I feel back to normal (whatever that is, lol :shock: :smile: )

But I will be watching, especially for latest bulletin from the continent ... :grin: :grin: :grin:
Re: Taking week off ...
17 Jun 2013, 22:27
Very sensible. I am having time out while helping my mother sort out the paper work after my father's recent death. It is a bit traumatic for both of us-she is 90 competent but needing support.
17 Jun 2013, 23:04
Hugs to both Silverdarling and Merlin. :heart:
18 Jun 2013, 06:50
Thanks izzy betsysg8 and merlin - and take care merlin x. Have decided to do 16:8 this week as feel I will be able to do this more easily. :smile: :heart:
... After a week on 16:8 with no fasting, I thought I would do a sneaky weigh in to see what the result was, if any ...

Another 2lb lost, another half inch off the waist! :victory: :victory: :victory:

So it proves that if life does get in the way, all is not lost ( :grin: or maybe it can be! :victory: :like: :lol: )
23 Jun 2013, 09:43
That's a really good result though it doesn't sound as though you took your eye off the ball completely. I've found that 5:2 seems to adjust portion size as well (apart from the occasional blip !!) I hope life is settling down for you.
23 Jun 2013, 09:59
Many thanks blue - it is settling down, thank goodness - but it was also really good to find out that I could take some time out, without it affecting things unduly. Truly this is a kind and forgiving WOE!
7 posts Page 1 of 1