The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
2nd week.....3rd fast day......
18 Jun 2013, 18:14
It's been so easy.....I can't believe the difference from last Thursday! I think I was more organised today, had a small veg stir fry and a banana at lunchtime, just made mushroom stroganoff (bloomin gorgeous) with a little rice. I just hope it continues to be this easy.

I was actually looking forward all weekend to doing my next fast day, such a strange feeling!! :like: :cool:
Nice One, keep at it!
This is my 3rd week and I am on fast day 6 (have done Monday Tuesday this week due to commitments later in the week).
Weight coming off everywhere other than my "muffin top", but know if I maintain the 5:2 it will come.
Well done sjtaylor for getting organised, glad it paid off ! How did you make the mushroom stroganoff?
It was the recipe off here, I found it in the 5:2 recipes section.

1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
1 onion sliced
4 celery sticks thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic crushed
600g mushrooms sliced
2 teaspoon smoked paprika
150ml sour cream
250ml veg stock

Fry onion, garlic, celery for 5mins until soft, add mushrooms and paprika, cook for 5mins.
Add veg stock and cook for 10mins until half the amount of stock, add soured cream and some pepper, cook for 5mins

It was gorgeous, serves 4 and 90 cals a portion :0))
Thanks - supper tomoz sorted!
5 posts Page 1 of 1