The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

15 posts Page 1 of 1
If its not nailed down...
18 Jun 2013, 19:12
Today it's getting eaten. I have found it hard to stop today. Eaten over my TDEE just couldn't find the off switch. Fasting again on Thursday so hopefully will claw some back. :confused:
Re: If its not nailed down...
18 Jun 2013, 19:17
Oh dear, these things happen. Love your way of expressing it though, seems you haven't lost your sense of humour :wink:

I'm sure you'll claw it back soon, if you've been REALLY bad it might take until next week though :lol:

:heart: :heart:

(edited for typo)
18 Jun 2013, 19:35
Yep, me too....and I made brownies lol :)
18 Jun 2013, 19:41
Happens to me too! I just eat everything in sight - even if I don't particularly like the taste........... However, tomorrow's another day and the occasional blip isn't going to do any harm.
18 Jun 2013, 19:47
Me three (or is it four now) you're not on your own girls, I caved in last night after a fast day so that was only a 24 hr one not 36hr. Tonight not going down the healthy route either, on my second glass of red, on my own and feeling sorry for myself. Where's Jane I need the wet fish plus a kick up the wotsit and anything else thrown at me, so long as its not Ballerina's toad thats my one phobia, toads and frogs yuk. :grin:

Chris x
18 Jun 2013, 20:12
ah we all do it - no need to feel bad. I find that I am way worse now that I'm fasting - some sort of mental feeling of deprivation - guess my body is going back to the feast/famine mode - food I can I eat it, then eat it I must!
18 Jun 2013, 20:15
I'm like that too! Maybe it's the moon? or tide? :bugeyes:
18 Jun 2013, 20:34
I had a chocolate croissant, a cupcake and two ginger cookies in one go last Friday evening!
18 Jun 2013, 20:37
I was like that yesterday, was supposed to be doing a liquid fast but at 4pm I was too hungry and had to eat and oh my I really switched on my hunger switch because I ate soo much :) did my fast today instead.
18 Jun 2013, 20:47
I have felt the urge to eat weeds and wild plants I know to be edible. Just pluck them from the roadside and put them in my mouth. So far I have resisted the urge! But I find it strange that I'm having these intrusive thoughts, when I can easily sit for hours with a bar of chocolate on the table next to me and not reach for it on fast days.
18 Jun 2013, 20:56
I can resist chocolate, but this bottle of red is winking at me. Must resist, I have to be in work at 7 a.m tomorrow. :razz:

Chris x
18 Jun 2013, 21:04
Betsysgr8 wrote: I'm like that too! Maybe it's the moon? or tide? :bugeyes:

Full moon on Monday!!!
19 Jun 2013, 03:56
chriso57 wrote: I can resist chocolate, but this bottle of red is winking at me. Must resist, I have to be in work at 7 a.m tomorrow. :razz:

Chris x

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
19 Jun 2013, 04:19
I have days like that too. I find that if I am really hungry and manage to resist that I end up with a better weight loss for the week. When I hit a plateau not so long ago I found I was never really hungry during the day. I broke through the plateau and now I am losing weight again but I feel like I could chew my arm off (and today isn't a fast day, yesterday was).

It will be interesting to see how my monthly weight loss goes b/c so far I feel smaller and my clothes are fitting better (yet again) and I had a sneak peak at the scales and I have already lost 1kg (at my best I will lose 1.5kg/month and FWIW I weigh in on the 6th of each month).

What was really weird for me is that lately I have been waking up hungry/ feeling hungry when in bed trying to fall asleep after my dinner eaten just prior to fasting. This normally does not happen to me. On top of this today I woke up at 0530hours (unheard of without an alarm - I love my sleep and can sleep until lunch time if I don't set an alarm) and I was starving. I held off until 1000hours to eat my breakfast I struggled to make it. I went for a short walk and I came home and I was starving for my lunch. Polished off some leftovers (a dinner plate full) and I am still hungry and could eat the same amount again (but I am not letting myself).

So has anyone else just broken through a plateau or had a greater than normal weight loss and have also been more hungry than normal?

Now I am trying to keep my mind off food so I don't go and gorge. Help. :confused:
19 Jun 2013, 20:25
Had another hungry day today. Grrr. Must have gone over ny cals but its fast day tomorrow and I seem to fare better on those than feed days.
15 posts Page 1 of 1