The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

26 posts Page 1 of 2
A different way of walking
20 Jun 2013, 14:13
Now that I've lost some weight I find myself walking differently, head held high and there's a definite spring in my step as if all is right with the world.

Does this WoE have the same affect for anyone else?
Re: A different way of walking
20 Jun 2013, 14:23
When I feel good I feel more confidence in myself. Walking tall is my sure sign of feeling energized and confident. It is also the way it is recommended to walk, head high chest out. Lets more oxegen(sp) in.
20 Jun 2013, 14:24
Me too! I feel taller (if only...!) and lighter (now that bit's true!)
20 Jun 2013, 14:46
I took a double-take the other day. When I looked down something was missing! Oh yeah, my stomach doesn't protrude beyond my "girls" anymore, woohoo! This swish between my thighs is no longer as loud either. Now I just need to address those dang bat wing arms!
20 Jun 2013, 14:48
You are so right, ladies; we feel better and walk taller. I was used to feeling tallish (just under 5'6") until the last few years when I felt short and dumpy and stumpy and wondered whether that was partly because the young were getting taller, but I didn't really believe it. Then I saw myself in the mirror the other day unexpectedly and I was back to full height with nice long legs again. This regime has made me so vain.
:bashful:
20 Jun 2013, 15:04
I haven't noticed any difference in the way I walk, but my running action has definitely improved.
20 Jun 2013, 15:10
Yes I'm definitely walking differently and also on my (fitness walks) usually on fast days I'm walking a little faster and breathing easier
Oh yes bring it on :like: to all of us Sue
20 Jun 2013, 15:34
I love walking and have recently been doing Joanna Hall's Walkactive technique.

It's basically how to walk correctly to tone your whole body. For instance striking the floor with your heel and rolling through to your toes (tones backs of thighs and bum) - google 'walkactive' will probably explain better!

Have definitely noticed my legs getting more toned and it's easy to fit in to my daily activities (instead of going to the dreaded gym!)
20 Jun 2013, 15:47
GoLinda if you ever find a way to get rid of 'bat wings' please let me know! :?:
20 Jun 2013, 15:50
Yep. This is me now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDPDn0tIMuE

Just kidding. I couldn't resist.
20 Jun 2013, 15:59
That is hysterical! Is she for real?
20 Jun 2013, 15:59
The horselady was so funny.....honestly, you couldn't make it up!! :lol:
20 Jun 2013, 16:21
If I pranced around like that in my local park, I'd get arrested by those men in white coats!
20 Jun 2013, 18:23
Thanks for the link O'Dell, I couldn't stop laughing as I watched it. I can imagine the looks if I were to dance about like that when I walk the dog! I'm sure she would refuse to walk with me.

I don't think I would like to be that skinny, I hope I'll know when it's right to start 6:1, I want to stay woman shaped!
20 Jun 2013, 18:40
Heard on the morning news that some singer is going to include this nut in a new video. For real. Anyway, I do feel she should eat a little more.
26 posts Page 1 of 2