The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
This stuff is great. I made a pitcher of iced mint green tea for today is a fast day. Takes care of the bad breath, its refreshing, needs absolutely so artificial sweetener, and green tea is said to boost the metabolism. Such a fantastic alternative to coffee as I need a splash of milk and one sweetener. Kinda makes my empty tummy happy!
Are you /it in the UK?
Gosh no. US. Is it big over there? I think its the best thing since ice cream.
The reason I asked is because I haven't seen it over here, but I will look out for it
We have Green tea with mint in the UK, if that's what this is. You can get green tea with almost anything in it. Doesn't it taste weird with milk in it though?
I just googled it Sian, Twinings do it. I like their tangerine and verbena one. Definitely going to get some of the mint one, just my cup of tea

Elsie, I don't put milk in green tea
Do you have the brand Salada there? I did a little google and I guess it's like Morroccan Mint Tea. I highly recommend it. No Milk. Just sweet and refreshing all by itself. Zero cal delicious!
Salada seems to be a northeast quadrant of the US company. I LOVE Salada black tea, but was unable to buy it in Minnesota or now in Kentucky -- though they are carrying the green teas here in KY, so I'll look out for Moroccan Mint! Really weird! My sister bought me a case of the black teabags, and am slowly going through the lot!
We've been drinking mint/peppermint tea long before we started on 5:2. We've never been to a cafe, coffee shop, restaurant etc., that doesn't have it.

Supermarkets have it and a whole range of fruit teas as well.

Now the UK weather has warmed up (well, for at least a day :confused: ) our garden mint has started to grow well enough for us to pick - it really is a nice start to the day.
Thanks Wendy, I haven't found a Green Tea I like yet, I've got to go shopping tomorrow so I will have a look
Try green tea with a slice of lemon and a piece of fresh ginger!! It's good! I will be looking for the mint version on Saturday sounds lovely!
Ah, perhaps mint green tea is different from mint teas, etc.
12 posts Page 1 of 1