The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
i have a question
20 Jun 2013, 18:18
As you get closer to your normal healthy weight your weightloss speed will go down. So can anyone tell me what BMI rangers can expect What Weight loss ranges, so i can get a more accurate idea of when i might reach my goal weight?

Like if your...

Morbidly Obese which is a BMI index of 40 or above can expect average 4-5 pound weight loss a week

Obese is BMI 30-39 can expect a average 2-3 pound weight loss a week...

Over Weight is BMI 25-29 Can expect a average of .5-1 Pound weight loss a week..

Healthy range BMI of 18.5 to 24.9 can expect a average of????

the BMI numbers is accurate for this example of what i'm looking for but the weight loss is mostly just guesses
Re: i have a question
20 Jun 2013, 18:41
you can find out using the filter in the pogress tracker
I had a quick look it gives
M Obese 1.76lb; Obese 1.4,O weight 1.08, Healthy 0.83
20 Jun 2013, 19:21
The standard reply is always, the average weight loss on 5:2 is 1lb a week.
This is a slow and steady, maintainable way to lose weight. It can vary and I certainly lost more in the first few weeks but then it has settled down to the "average". I'm not complaining, slow and steady wins the race and I'd rather be the tortoise than the hare !!
20 Jun 2013, 20:08
Hi Snorsalot (luv your tagline. BTW)

Welcome to the group. We all got into this position as constantly grazing tortoises, not short-lived, calorie-torching hares.

Being another recent joiner, I haven't yet gotten into the tracker it to see if it projects an estimated end date. I do know from my perspective (as a motivated and admitted rate buster) that my estimated end date has slowly and continually gotten farther out.

Not a problem really because I choose to celebrate the many successes, the unexpected surprises along the way, and the heartfelt camaraderie and compassion of the group here. Far more fun than anything I call recall experiencing while getting to be "overly plump".
20 Jun 2013, 22:28
Thank you jacksati for that info I hadn't even seen that :like: Sue
5 posts Page 1 of 1