The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone

I was going to do my second fast of the week today but since yesterday I've been feeling pretty crud - coming down with some bug, with associated aches and pains and fuzzy head etc.

I've only had my usual coffee this morning which I would have on a fasting day, but a lovely comforting bowl of porridge with golden syrup is calling my name. Since fasting takes energy, I don't know whether I have the commitment to it today - it's hard enough just breathing through this stuffy nose.

I just don't give up on things so I'd feel as though I'd failed if I didn't continue, but the other soft voice is saying "you've got enough to do today, i.e. get well." But then if I can sleep for a while today, that's part of the fast easily done, aaargh! What would you do? :confused:
you know the old adage...... feed a cold... So I would eat what your body is telling you it needs today. There is always tomorrow, or if you can't do it today or tomorrow, just don't worry about it til you feel better.
It's not failing just listening to your body. Feeling crud is bad enough so just take care. Remember this is for the long term so there's always another day.
Hope you feel better soon.
Of course you're all right - I should listen to what my body is saying. I've held off on breakfast so far but if the urge for some hot buttered toast becomes stronger, I won't fight it too hard...
So, I ate when I wanted and didn't bother to fight the hunger at all. I've ended up with about 900 calories today which feels like a nice compromise.

Yes it's early but I'm off to bed soon! :sleepy:
I hope you feel better Tara. I'm sending you chicken soup and hugs. X
Hope you feel better Tara, I struggled thru a fast day Thursday feeling terrible jumped on scales today and its said i'd put on what I've lost the last two weeks now say i'm back over 110 kgs :bugeyes:
So not listening to my body has not worked I should have done what you've done and had that porridge I was also craving yesterday. :confused:
8 posts Page 1 of 1