The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

19 posts Page 2 of 2
Re: TDEE question
22 Jun 2013, 14:31
I have just had blood tests done, as part of the NHS over-40 MOT service! All is normal.

My BMI is about 19.5. I did write everything down, concerning what I eat to make the total calories to over 3,000, but have thrown it away.

If need be, I'll do it again!

I don't eat large amounts of food. I don't eat many carbs, which allows me to eat loads of calories.

One small piece of cheese would use up our 500-calorie allowance. Once I get going with the carbs, then it all comes back on again!
22 Jun 2013, 16:27
"One small piece of cheese would use up our 500-calorie allowance. Once I get going with the carbs, then it all comes back on again!

tomtank"

Google One serving of cheddar cheese, 1oz/28gm = 112 calories NOT 500 calories, perhaps this is why you believe you eat 3000 calories per day,

Ballerina x
22 Jun 2013, 20:01
tomtank wrote: When I have said that I can eat 3,000 calories a day, never move off the sofa and yet still lose weight, nobody believes me!! Why?

You would have to ask "them" really, but on the face of it I would say this is because conventional or received wisdom suggests that a) eating more than your TDEE results in weight gain and b) a sedentary TDEE is likely to be below 2500 cals for a woman.

So unless you're vigorously exercising on the sofa (oooh matron), can't account properly for food intake, have unusually calorific stools or have an unusually high metabolic rate, your reported experience clashes with what most people believe, have experienced, are taught, etc.

Given this and if they don't know you, believe you or like you then they're going to dismiss your finding in favour of the conventional wisdom, aren't they ? Is this not human nature ?
23 Jun 2013, 18:54
Thanks for the reply's everyone, I'm happy that the TDEE counts over the span of a week rather than just daily. My regular daily calorie intake is only around 1500 cal a day but on Saturdays i tend to push close to 4000 cal :oops: Even though the Sat cal count is really high my overall weekly cal count is still way below my TDEE score :grin: I lost 4Ibs last week so I'm very pleased.
Thanks again all.
19 posts Page 2 of 2