The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Clothing swap shop or sales.
23 Jun 2013, 11:25
Would it be possible to set up a sale or swap thread for people sliding out of their big clothes, for those who are still bigger to possibly buy from them. I doubt very much if anyone will be wanting my size 26 stuff, but I would be very interested in size 20 and below as I get to that weight/size.
@Moogie would this be possible?
By all means set up a thread for it, and if it gets to busy perhaps we'll set up a board for it!
@Julieathome, you might want to go into the user control panel and put a location ie: city or country to make it easier for shipping/trading/exchanges. :)
How would we go about putting up pictures, I wouldn't want to swamp the bandwidth with pictures?
I have no idea how to do it but I think you could upload the pictures to a photo web site with a link- it is always the link it that I struggle with
O.K. I've got my thinking cap on. I think we would need two, maybe three different threads. One for the UK, one for USA and One for Europe. Or should I do seperate threads for Austalia/ Asia and Canada? Do we have enough people from there yet?
Fab idea julieathome. We did a similar thing at my old SW group, we donated our 'too big' clothes and made a donation to our local hospice when we bought new stuff. Recycling at its best in my opinion :)
I think for now it's best to start one for your own location, and if anyone from elsewhere in the world wants to start one too, they can do so :)

As for photos, we've got plenty of bandwidth and space don't worry :) You can attach photos to your post by going to the full reply editor (if you're quick replying there's a link to the full editor below the box, otherwise it's the standard box which appears when you click the 'post reply' button). Below the main reply box there should be an option to upload attachments. Here you can choose to add photos to your post.
The only problem I have is that I don't ahve any small stuff to sell. Just HUGE stuff. I haven't seen anyone else on here with a higher BMI yet. So someone else is going to have to be the first seller.
I can assure you there are others here with similar & even higher BMIs than yourself. I'm guessing they perhaps don't post much or aren't displaying their stats - but I've certainly seem them in the tracker data :)
10 posts Page 1 of 1