The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

15 posts Page 1 of 1
I usually weigh in on Tuesday but I took a sneak peak this a.m. A 4 pound gain! OMG. It has been 90+ degrees and humid the past few days. I have never been able to tolerate the heat. Any ideas? :shock:
Clairmarie, I gain and retain fluid with hotter weather (not much humidity here), I've been trending a 3 lb gain for last week or more. I cut back on carbs and added a lot more salads and the fluid and weight are starting back down. Not sure if it's all the change of diet yet because the weather has cooled since yesterday but due for another heat wave later this week so hoping that I won't gain with new diet changes.

Another thing to consider is the effect weather can have on NEAT. Not wanting to move about as much because it's hot will also have an effect on your daily TDEE calorie usage.
Oh wow, it's insanely hot here and I'm 3 pounds heavier than expected this morning. I noticed I was definitely bloated after my walk this morning too, with lots of excess fluid in my fingers. It went down a bit with a cool shower.
Thanks follow fasters for your experience and insight. Now I know I'm not crazy. I lots of fluids daily. My fast days are tough but I am good. I know I do not overeat on feast days but I do treat myself to "bad stuff" which is no different than what I have been doing all along. I hate the heat!
Oh yes indeedy - it's water retention - always my problem on hot days - my ankles and fingers swell up. Make sure you increase your fluid intake and try and avoid too many salty foods. I'm hoping that since I've lost some weight the issue won't be as bad this year, although it's hard to tell so far as we've not had much of a summer so far in the UK
I am admittedly stiff today. Thought it was early onset old age. Just hope my weightloss will register before the Fall.
Define "hot" :lol:

Last time I was in the UK people were getting around in their shorts virtually any time the temperature hit double digits, eeek. Here, that's "get-out-your-thermal-underwear-and-ski-jackets" weather.
If it was not, I'd move to Florida. :wink:
I'm glad you brought up this subject Clairemarie! I've been wondering the same thing. It's been so hot and humid the last few days, that I haven't felt like eating as much. So I thought 'Cool....more weight loss!' NOT! Just the opposite. I've been on this long enough to know not to get discouraged because it fluctuates so much. I was just thinking (hoping) that I would lose. I'm sure it's water retention from the heat, and I'll keep persevering and look forward to a cool down!
Thanks Odell for the referral. I am sure the heat causes inflammation in my body. It was 95 degrees yesterday and 93 today don't know what that would be in Celsius. But it is HOT! Oh when will winter return? I will weigh in either in cooler weather or after an ice cube tubby.
Sorry clairemarie you can't have winter back just yet we re using it down under but when we are done we will send it back to you.

Re the weather yesterday in my neck of the world the rain was torrential :umbrella: and today flooding everywhere with road closures, we had a return trip to Sydney in that rain yesterday it was a nightmare drive. Today rain gone sun is out. So hope you get some relief of the heat
Gillymary you poor thing having to drive to the city yesterday. Now I just have to worry about bridge closures due to the dam overflowing. Will mean I can't get to the hospital Mum is in at the moment.
gilmary and wineoclock, sorry to hear about your wicked weather. Rain and flooding so dangerous. Best to stay put until safe I say. I weighed in today and did manage 1/2lb loss this week. I am grateful for it as I am still a bit swollen. More of the 90's today yuck! I have been watching McLeods Daughters on the internet. I just love the show, too bad it had to end. Did you watch it?
15 posts Page 1 of 1