The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

18 posts Page 2 of 2
For many years, before 5:2 was top of the pops, I started cutting down on milk - fruit juice on my muesli, for example. To help my bladder, for the past couple of years I drink only herbal or fruit teas and usually only one cup of coffee each day - about 50mls of milk. In the winter we have the occasional rice pudding etc., but that’s about it.

As far as I’m aware there’s been no adverse effect on my health and a friend of similar age, who is a vegan, seems fitter than me.

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that modern cow’s milk doesn’t digest that easily anyway.

We are thrilled with the overall effect of 5:2 and I take the view that my body will soon tell me if something’s not right. Before taking a supplement I tend to wait until something is diagnosed. Our normal diet contains very little red meat, but a couple of weeks ago started taking Vitamin B12 after GP’s advice.
I hate milk and haven't had it in years (I only drink water-no coffee, soda etc). I do still eat cheese, butter and Greek yogurt and also get some calcium from the foods I eat. When I check my macros my calcium number is always good :)
My suggestion(opinion). Eat dark leafy greens for calcium. Exercise helps with bone density. Go out for half hour walk with no sunscreen for vitamin D. I believe more and more the our bodies and nature work hand in hand. There are industries out there making us believe we need all this stuff not because they like us but because they make money off of us. Again just my opinion.
18 posts Page 2 of 2