The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
How do you cope with tiredness
27 Jun 2013, 20:10
Hi all,

I am mostly enjoying fasting but I have a problem, when I'm really tired my will power goes completely. I have missed 2 fasts this month as a result of just being too tired to resist eating (or stop once started). Today my good intentions were ruined by 7.30am by a starbucks caramel macchiato and a vanilla danish :oops:

Has anyone got any tips and tricks for coping with extreme tiredness and still managing to fast? Any advice gratefully received.

The tiredness is work and study induced nothing medical, although my hormones may be playing a part. Trouble is the pace isn't going to let up for another 4 weeks or so and I don't want to stop 5:2ing for that long :frown:
Take a walk....in the opposite direction of Starbucks.
I also struggle with fatigue - I usually go to bed at 8 pm on fast days due to it....
But I do manage to fast during the day - for me a little salt makes it easier. Miso, stock or anything low cal but salty makes me more alert. When fasting you need to drink a lot - but you also need to add some salt to feel ok. For me it makes a big difference.
Also light exercise like walks or soft yoga helps me through the day. It lifts my spirit and takes my hunger away.
I just think, I'll have that tomorrow... and yes, like GoLinda says, take a walk in the opposite direction! Do something, anything else, something distracting like visiting the 5:2 forum. ;)
How about black coffee instead of Starbucks?
5 posts Page 1 of 1