The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Sometimes it can really help seeing exactly what 100 calories of a certain food looks like - sometimes its quite scary, especially when I realized how quickly I could eat 100 cals of brussels sprouts!!!!

Thought you might enjoy the link below . . just scroll through the photos :smile: :smile:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/healthy-eating/foods-with-100-calories/pictures/index.html
Interesting..however I can honestly say if I was down to my last 100 cals 22 garlic cloves would not be at the top of the "oh what shall I use them on list" :)

Is it just me or do the grapes look like choc covered coffee beans... Or is that wishful thinking 20 mins away from the start of my fast!?!
Another way to 'look at' the pictures is you must walk about 12 minutes to burn off the calories in each picture. :frown:
Thanks for this site- I like the calorie counted recipes too for fast evening meals.
Minsmum wrote: Interesting..however I can honestly say if I was down to my last 100 cals 22 garlic cloves would not be at the top of the "oh what shall I use them on list"

Well apparently garlic doesnt keep modern vampires away so I think I would stick to the asparagus or broccoli, certainly a lot for 100 Calories.
Mmmm think the vampires and anyone else would stay away if I had the sprouts!
wow.. some surprises (nice) in there. like i can have a lot of (or not really cut a usual serving of the folloiwng and im fine with calorie restrictions

prawns
broccoli
radishes (but dont really like them )
red kidney beans
raspberries
seedless raisins
baby carrts

thats quite enlightening and opens up some good ideas for fast days. like my carrot and raisin salad, a nice prawn salad, steamed brocolli, and rasberries on low fat yoghurt!
Sounds yummy Julianna and thanks for the link lovemyparrot
The visual works well for me! Thanks!
10 posts Page 1 of 1