The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Oh dear....back from a 2 week holiday and 5lbs heavier.....that's half the weight I lost in the previous 9 weeks back on :cry: Can't blame anyone except myself.
Actually looking forward to getting 'back on the wagon' as was loving that slimmed down version!
Fasting today....goes without saying :wink:
Has anyone managed to holiday and be restrained?!
Restrained holiday

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Just thank goodness you lost the weight BEFORE you went, otherwise just imagine :shock:

& you know how to shift it now :like:
Think I gained that in 1weeks holiday in may !!! Just didn't weigh my self on return coz felt I'd put on, so got back on board day after return fasting next day + weighed same 7days later, maybe next holiday I'll try a fast or 2 but we all go on holiday for good time after all why spoil that when you can repair the damage within one week. So don't despair just start as soon as you can. Good Luck :clover: Sue
I was holiday in April to Singapore and did not gain. I ate everything I wanted and craved. I drank sugary drinks that I avoid in my everyday life. The only thing I can think of why is that I skipped meals that was of things of no interest. If mum made a boring breakfast I skipped it or we were at a place with food that I did not waste my calories on as it was not what I wanted. I do not drink alcohol so there were many calories saved there. I was shocked at not gaining as I ate well. Looking back its skipping a meal or two and small portions of everything that made not gaining possible.
We went on a 9 day family holiday when we first started this WOE at easter and
Hubby was really keen not to break it so we aimed on fasting on both travelling days and one day in the middle. I wasnt to keen as we both like a drink. We decided we would fast during the day, but still have drinkies at night and it worked for us.obviously we went over 5-600 cals but we still lost weight overall and did not gain.
Well done U2 for the self restraint, but I'm more of the Annie & Sue school of thought. And yes Annie my consolation was that if I hadn't lost 10 lbs to start with the damage would have been so much worse!!
Pleased to say fasting today has gone remarkably smoothly and my 1st wine free day in 2 weeks was no problem! :wink:
4flipsake wrote: Oh dear....back from a 2 week holiday and 5lbs heavier.....that's half the weight I lost in the previous 9 weeks back on :cry: Can't blame anyone except myself.
Actually looking forward to getting 'back on the wagon' as was loving that slimmed down version!
Fasting today....goes without saying :wink:
Has anyone managed to holiday and be restrained?!

Have to say the festive season sounds complete rubbish.

Just don't want the cals of mince pes etc etc.

Can it just all go away please....except the holiday (I don't get now). :doh:
7 posts Page 1 of 1