The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

14 posts Page 1 of 1
Alcohol
04 Feb 2013, 14:58
Has anybody found that they're not so bothered about having a drink with this WOE? Now anybody that knows me would be laughing their heads off if they saw this post, but I've not even thought about having a glass of vino or 6 of a weekend. Admittedly it's only been 2 weeks but I would usually drink something Fri/Sat/Sun and drink on the odd mid week night too. The thought of having alcohol just hasn't appealed, wonder why? Even on food days, I've not touched a drop :o
Re: Alcohol
04 Feb 2013, 16:30
I look forward to wine in the evenings and thought I would really miss it on fast days. That hasn't happened and I'm delighted that I'm having at least 2 alcohol-free days every week now! That's got to be good for my health.
04 Feb 2013, 18:10
Sadly not. I don't feel any urge to drink alcohol on fast days, but I probably drink far too much wine on non-fast days! So if I never lose weight on this fasting plan, you'll all know why ;-)
04 Feb 2013, 20:25
Nope, I have been drinking PLENTY at the weekends!

Cheers! :lol:
04 Feb 2013, 20:32
Same here! (Drinking plenty I mean.) I think this is why I'm not losing.
04 Feb 2013, 21:53
Lol! I'll know who to come to then when my halo falls off & I've got a mahoosive hangover!
04 Feb 2013, 22:21
It's doing me good to not have any wine on my fast days, I have to say I thought it would be a struggle and its been fine. I have since cut my wine days down to Wednesdays and weekends (fris and saturdays) so only 3 days out of 7 which sounds pretty respectable. I am enjoying a drink on my drinking days though, the diet hasn't changed that. ;)
04 Feb 2013, 22:28
I'm actually quite the opposite. I don't normally drink very often - maybe once a month. But hubby got two nice bottles of scotch for Christmas presents, and it made me sad to see him drink alone, so I got myself a bottle of St Germaine. I add it to seltzer/fizzy water and it's lovely! I'm trying to not do it more than twice a week though, and I'm measuring the shots so I don't overdo.
04 Feb 2013, 22:36
Ooh what's that? An alcoholic beverage ive not heard of? Maybe we call it something else?
04 Feb 2013, 22:39
04 Feb 2013, 23:32
Yes, it's lovely! Elderflower liquer :-) sweet and exotic
05 Feb 2013, 07:49
I've still had a few spritzers on my feed days,
but have found since doing 5:2 that having just half of what I'd normally have, gives me a bad head the following morning...I might just not bother in the future :roll:
06 May 2013, 12:11
G'day all,
I've been a heavy drinker (mostly beer) for 20 years and have the gut to prove it. I'm on my 4th fast day and will be interested to see how I go. For the past year I have adjusted my drinking habit to Friday, Saturday and Sundays with very occasional mid week social drink. I know alcohol is bad news but I'm not ready to give up something I find pleasurable just yet. Any others similar? Good luck to all having a crack at this sustainable (???)diet.
06 May 2013, 13:20
Glad to read ur posts and reassured I'm not the only boozer :oops: I too really enjoy wine and my hubbie & I regularly share a bottle over dinner. I've wanted to have a few alcohol-free days for ages so cutting out on fast days has been another benefit of the diet. Strangely I don't miss it at all on those days.
Into my 4th week and feeling positive that this WOE is the way to go :like:
Good luck everyone!
14 posts Page 1 of 1