The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

21 posts Page 2 of 2
It's tempting but if I do that it will just give me the idea that if I haven't been 'good' I can put off the consequences indefinitely. I think I need to do this weigh in and hope that the probable gain will be a smack in the face and make me finally realise what I'm doing to myself. I can't go on like this, I hate myself 90% of the time and mirrors make me cry. I have panic attacks if anyone tries to take my photo.

Unfortunately I have a history of compulsive overeating which I have mostly under control now but I'm still a massive comfort eater.
But it isn't as if you've not been 'good' - you've been ill and on medication! Sometimes there's a case for being kind to yourself, rather than the opposite, and this is a good example. It's not letting yourself off in any way shape or form, because you are still on the WoE, just being sensible and not pushing yourself unduly.
You make a good point and one which makes me ask myself one of the big questions. Why do I feel the need to punish myself? I don't really know the answer but I think I need to give it some thought
Don't feel bad just skip this week. I skipped a week (2 half weeks actually) when I had really bad cold the other week & I found it beneficial as it kick started weight loss again after plateau. It's only a week & you're poorly.
I have taken the advice and skipped the weigh in this week. I'm going to give myself an extra couple of weeks to get back on track and hope for good news. Feeling much better now though still battling the side effects of the antibiotics.
It occurs to me that some anti-biotics can make you feel a bit depressed anyway,so not the time to do something that's a bit tough!
I know what you mean by comfort eating! We've been having some work done in the house, a bit messy and furniture everywhere - then, water through the ceiling and plumber said the only way he could tackle it was up through the ceiling, so we now have three large holes and the ceiling needs replastering and redecorated. So rather more chaos!!!!!
So I had two weeks off from fasting. What I did do, which you might like to try, is to go off to the supermarket and rather than going for the high carb, high cal usual comfort foods was to look for things a bit healthier to make me feel less fed up. Unusual cheeses, fruit, salad. We finished up with beautiful pears sliced on a bed of rocket with walnuts and Lancashire cheese. With a mustard dressing.
That's maybe not your thing, but maybe..... finding an alternative you enjoy. Oh, I did buy some very dark chocolate, one square goes a long way :razz:
21 posts Page 2 of 2