The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

12 posts Page 1 of 1
weigh in
02 Jul 2013, 13:52
Can anyone tell me when i should weigh myself? I am fasting Mon and Wed this week.
Caz x
Re: weigh in
02 Jul 2013, 13:55
I'm doing the same days, and was going for Friday morning. That was my WW day so will be easy to remember. I've seen people say 2 days after a fast.
02 Jul 2013, 13:58
Those are the days I do. I weigh Thurs morn (well Friday this week as am doing 4:3 this week)
02 Jul 2013, 14:05
To get the most reliable result, weigh yourself the same time and day every week. For consistency when you wake up in the morning that day is best.
02 Jul 2013, 15:05
I always go for the morning after my second fast, to minimise on confounding variables - I'll always have eaten/drunk about the same in the previous day so the scales seem to be a bit more consistent. Plus it gives my lowest reading of the week, which is always nice :)
02 Jul 2013, 15:13
my fast days are Monday and Thursday. I Weigh first thing every morning when I get up and use the Wednesday readings as my offical weekly weight.
It not lowest which is usually Fridays or the highest which tends to be Mondays after the weekend but it seems the most consistant
02 Jul 2013, 15:18
I try to be consistent with weigh ins. My day is Tuesday first thing in the am after mother nature and just before hopping in shower. This way the scale is nicest. I am sure later in the day or week weight goes up and down but Tuesday morning is accurate if that is my habit. My fastings days vary but always a Monday.
02 Jul 2013, 15:22
DomDom wrote: To get the most reliable result, weigh yourself the same time and day every week.

I'd say weigh yourself each and every day. Then graph your daily weights and follow the trend. Unless you live each week like a metronome weekly weigh-ins are too prone to natural fluctuations casued by water retention (and/or menstual cycle) and varying levels of sodium your diet.

Software like Libra (Andriod) or Weightbot (Iphone/Ipad) are invaluable help in showing trend weight. You can track your trend with weekly weigh-ins too but It will take longer to establish and be slightly less accurate.
02 Jul 2013, 15:24
Every day weigh in's seem to vary too much for me - I weigh in first thing on a Wednesday morning
02 Jul 2013, 15:38
I usually weigh myself every morning but Friday morning is my official tracker weight day after fasting on Monday and Thursday. It is usually my lowest weight but not always!
02 Jul 2013, 15:55
It seems weighing in is flexable and variable :) Ok, think i will weigh in Thurs morning and try and keep my fasting days the same x Thanks for the advice.
p.s i did find the evening of my fast a killer :( Just need to try and find other weighs to take my mind of food!
03 Jul 2013, 08:14
I find doing something with my hands stop me from thinking about food so I crochet or make crafty things - it makes the evening go quicker too!
12 posts Page 1 of 1