The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
I want some new scales..
03 Jul 2013, 12:18
I have decided I want some fancier all singing scales!

Not sure what I have done with mine, but they seem to be stuck on LBs, even though the button is to stones, and they are very sensitive to being moved.

I was thinking maybe some that also measure body fat %?

So, who has some good scales that they would recommend?
Re: I want some new scales..
03 Jul 2013, 12:44
LBs are ok too. ;-)
03 Jul 2013, 13:10
oh i know, but i then I have to convert them to stone, as I "work" better in stones....
03 Jul 2013, 13:13
Hi I also want new scales but unlike you I'm shying away from the all singing + dancing not sure if I want to know how much water etc I'm holding each time I get n to them because I do suffer from water retention, but Argos have loads of different types to choose from in stones/kg/lbs :clover: with your choice Sue
03 Jul 2013, 13:17
I want a new scale as well. I jumped on Saturday sure I had lost because my pants Friday were falling off me. Not a pound, nor an inch. This morning, after sticking carefully to a smaller calorie allotment on my non-fast days and exercising, I can FEEL my ribs, and the scale shows I gained half a lb. This is a digital scale and my hundred year old house has v uneven floors, and it was measuring me slightly differently in different spots. Do I need a new house, a new scale, a new body? I just want to see some evidence that in three weeks I have actually lost a couple pounds. Because I am seeing it. DEATH TO SCALES!!!!! (it is ruining my resolve).
03 Jul 2013, 13:37
Lizakaya just trust your pants if you're losing them then surely its fat loss
Keep the 100 yr house please I would and go to boots or similar each week to weigh-in, enjoy your home and as for the body its obviously diminishing so enjoy that too :clover: :heart: Sue
03 Jul 2013, 15:35
Lizakaya I weigh daily and find my weight changes by plus or minus three pounds during a week. The progress tracker says I lose on average 1.4 lb per week. So to be fairly certain of the scales showing a drop I need to weigh once every 5 weeks :bugeyes:
7 posts Page 1 of 1