The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Premenstrual and starving
03 Jul 2013, 13:32
I am soooo hungry today. Does anyone else find fast days tricky when premenstrual?
Re: Premenstrual and starving
03 Jul 2013, 13:35
Im not premenstrual, but i am struggling to today, feel lightheaded, 2nd fast of my first week. Am working at present and had about 133 cals so far. Want to save for teatime tonight, but i am starving :(
03 Jul 2013, 13:39
I normally find fast days easy but never the week before my period. I am seriously thinking of grabbing a huge bowl of pasta.....step away!
03 Jul 2013, 13:49
Aw dont do that, its halfway through the day if your in the UK :)Dont give up! I just need to figure out a good way of eating on fast days. Have you lost weight?
03 Jul 2013, 13:59
I am fasting today as well, keep drinking water to curb the hunger.
03 Jul 2013, 14:06
PMS makes me ravenous. Fast days are just one foot in front of the other, trying to make it through the day, whereas normally I quite like them.
03 Jul 2013, 14:42
Hi Melanie23, also premenstrual here and I to am STARVING. Had a fast day yesterday so managed to rein in the food monster I've turned into the last couple of days. Have been hating myself due to getting major chocolate munchies (when I generally don't even particularly like chocolate - I prefer cake- and never really eat it). Managed to eat an entire family (SHARING!) bag of chocolate pretzels, and then did exactly the same thing again the next day. TWO DAYS IN A ROW!!!

I literally can't remember the last time I've done that since I started 5:2.

My appetite has been crazy bad the last few days (I just want to eat constantly), and I am feeling terribly guilty. I can't believe I ate that much chocolate and feel like such a pig. Sorry not to be able to offer advice, except that if you do overeat, tomorrow is another day and you are not alone!

I feel your pain as I'm going through the same thing!

One thing I would say that helped me get through my fast day yesterday, was a cup of marigold bouillon. Only 17 calories for 1tsp in a cup of hot water, and feels like you're drinking a a nice mug of soup. I actually prefer it to cup-a-soup and it's a lot lower in cals.

Mrs Pidge xxx
03 Jul 2013, 16:31
Was going to start the same thread!

I am pre menstrual, and so far, my fast day on Monday was a complete bust, and went out the window.

Today is going the same way! I got so hungry at lunchtime and just stuffed my face!

I think I need to change my "fast" days when I am pre menstrual and just have a reduced calorie day, and have a small breakfast, a small lunch, and a small dinner...and try and stick to maybe 800-1000 calories a day.

Otherwise, like today, I get to about 2 pm and am ravenous and was stuffing slices of buttery toast in my mouth.

At least I have managed to stay away from the oversized bars of chocolate and have not stuck a spoon in the nutella yet!
03 Jul 2013, 19:00
well I am doing ok today, I managed to hold out til teatime. I might have gone over slightly (had a whole punnet of strawberries with low fat yog on for pud, this is after a 450cal meal) but otherwise I think I got away with it....

I have not lost much weight since 5 2 but have lost nearly 6 stone since Jan 2012 on slimming world, which is great but unsustainable in the long term I think. I think it's been about 6 pounds on 5 2 over 3 months but I only have a bit to lose now. Roll on tomorrow breakfast!
9 posts Page 1 of 1