The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
I started on tuesday (tues was my fast day) but i weighed myself this morning expecting the scales to either be the same or show a teeny loss of say 1/2 lb.

But it showed a 3lb loss!!! :shock: :?:

Bearing in mind i fasted yesterday, my scales are correct (they are new), I'm not known to lose weight easily even in the begining.

So whats going on, will the scales show a big difference after a fast day?
Basicly I'm too scared to get excited about the loss because I don't want to be let down next week when the loss turns to a gain :frown: (knowing my luck, sods law and all that
Congratulations :) I wouldn't be skeptical especially not in the beginning and not after a fast day. But because the average is about a pound a week, somewhere later down the line, you might have a week or two when it stays the same. Just remember not to be disheartened then,

In the meantime enjoy :)
3 does sound like a lot, my trick is to call that 2 and enjoy it :wink:

When I have a new 'pretend' low weight I never count it until well over a week, that's why I put few stats into my graph, I wait until I'm sure as I don't want the disappointment.

SO, well done on your 2 lb loss :grin:

(edited to add) BUT 3lb is also quite possible, 1lb is the average per week & when you count in plateaus of several weeks (which you will have) it stands to reason that the losing weeks are >1lb !
I've been very up and down. I lost 3lb overnight last night...but I have been known to put the same amount on. If you're lucky you'll keep your loss. If not you still won't put it all back on which is the point.

Fingers crossed

Claire
Hi my advice will be enjoy your w/loss (as its motivation) but be careful for next few days until whatever day you weigh-in, you do usually lose more in the beginning as you're probably aware, for me I only weigh once per week, after my holiday I changed to Friday as that seems to be the day stats go in, I also had 'big' loss couple of weeks ago but has really slowed down 2weeks but I'm losing not gaining that's all that matters so welcome to the forum and good luck with this woe :clover: Sue
AnnieD wrote: 3 does sound like a lot, my trick is to call that 2 and enjoy it :wink:

When I have a new 'pretend' low weight I never count it until well over a week, that's why I put few stats into my graph, I wait until I'm sure as I don't want the disappointment.

SO, well done on your 2 lb loss :grin:

(edited to add) BUT 3lb is also quite possible, 1lb is the average per week & when you count in plateaus of several weeks (which you will have) it stands to reason that the losing weeks are >1lb !

I know what you mean.
I'll enjoy thge 2lb loss :wink:

But I'll keep my guard up too.
My weight varies by 3lb per week. Straight after a fast I will have lost a pound, during the week I will gain 2lb on that initial loss. Then at the next weekly weigh in I will have lost the 2lb gain and another 1 pound loss.
Its best to keep a trend line in mind, as your weight on the scales will be two steps forward one step back, with ups and downs and even plateaus. Just keep plodding and the weight will be gone.
Or like me, one day you will add up and realise that you have already lost 2 stone (28lb), the weight of a small child and didn't feel any of the pain, anxiety or guilt normally associated with dieting.
Hi and welcome.

Here is what you might expect to happen:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6317

Three pounds = 10,500 cal. I doubt if you cut that many out of your diet in one day. Here is what you might reasonably expect to lose in a given week:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6600

5:2 really works. Enjoy the ride!
8 posts Page 1 of 1