The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

20 posts Page 2 of 2
Breakfast today 2 egg omelette with spring onions, leftover cooked spinach, tomato and a little cheese, done in a dollop of coconut oil. Lunch was chicken leftovers from roast chicken and tarragon with some lettuce, radishes, fennel, spring onions and toasted cashews drizzled with avocado oil and lemon juice. Dinner will be cod in tom sauce with capers and black olives with sweet potato oh, and I had a bowl of cherries in the afternoon just after lunch. 2 coffees with cream, 2 redbush teas and no snacks. Plenty. :smile:
Really interesting to see what people are actually eating - we used to post menus on the weight watchers forums and I was always interested to see what people ate for their points.

Today it's not a fast day and I had some greek yogurt with honey, oats and raspberries, followed by a chunk of homemade rosemary focaccia (so good!) andthen for lunch I had the cheese & ham roll that my husband left in the fridge when he went off to work on Monday (he took a box of spinach in a similar container instead - ha ha!), some crisps and a caramel snack a jack with a dollop of fromage frais and more berries. This has kept me full but not overfull all afternoon and when I am hungry again for dinner I will have a courgette & camembert frittata with a mountain of salad and probably some more focaccia followed by cherries. Oh yeah and some wine and probably some chocs later on. Or olives, depending on whether I'm feeling sweet snacky or savoury snacky.

I have no idea how many calories this comes to and I have no intention of tracking it - I do obsess slightly on fast days so I really don't want this to carry over into normal days. Might be a bit bread heavy but it's all delicious home made bread and I don't seem to get bread bloat the way lots do. I don't know how people can stay within 1500 cals on a non-fast day - that would certainly be survival rations for me but I guess I don't need to watch it too carefully just yet as although I'm not losing much, I think it is still shifting.

By the way dhana I think I'm coming to stay with you - that sounds gorgeous!
Today...

Porridge with apple, banana, coconut & cream
Coleslaw & halloumi, oatcake.
Sausage, beans and chips from chippie

Later, choccie cake and cream.

Special day as dipped under 80kg for the first time in 15 years.

:-)
I am having a bottomless pit day. Had porridge with raisins for breakfast, watermelon mid-morning, chicken laksa for lunch, and a vegetable frittata for dinner. That doesn't sound so bad, but I ate the whole 5 egg frittata (I was going to have leftovers tomorrow for lunch). Also been grazing on dried apricots and raisins. And I'm still hungry! The kind of hunger that only doughnuts can satisfy. I don't often have days like this, maybe once a month.... :doh:
It is only my second day on 5:2 but it feels like the first time I've ever eaten without some sort of guilt. There, however, seems to be some magical effect happening where I don't actually feel the urge to eat everything in sight, I feel free at last :D
20 posts Page 2 of 2