The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Failed fast
11 Jul 2013, 09:13
I have been doing 5:2 for almost six months and today was my first failed fast. I am not too unhappy - it was a conscious decision to join in celebrations for someone at work.

There's always next week. I might splash out and get a bottle of wine for tonight as it's my day off tomorrow. I will go to kickboxing first - just to burn of a few of those unexpected calories :smile:
Re: Failed fast
11 Jul 2013, 09:20
It's not a fail, you made a choice and thanks to this way of eating being so flexible there's no problem with that :) enjoy your wine!
11 Jul 2013, 10:05
I'm with Moogie, it was your decision so enjoy the rest of your day.
11 Jul 2013, 10:49
I agree with Moogie too. I hoped you enjoyed the celebrations :)
11 Jul 2013, 11:23
:smile: Thanks everyone. I think I have made up for it though - I just burnt 576 calories at kickboxing. I will have to forgo the wine though as I have a later than expected pick up from the airport
11 Jul 2013, 16:00
I'm right there with you. I've had two "failed" fasts in a row. But as the others have said, they were actually choices I made, not failures. I'm getting ready to go on vacation for a few days and I guess I'm in "vacation mode" already! :wink:

No worries........we'll both get back in the groove next week!
11 Jul 2013, 23:34
Lucky you going on holidays Lori. Yes back to it next week
7 posts Page 1 of 1