The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Fast day weight
11 Jul 2013, 16:42
I just wondered if it's normally that I seem to weigh more on a fast day then I do on a normal eating day? Thanks
Re: Fast day weight
11 Jul 2013, 17:38
Hi and welcome.

Your body weight can vary by as much as 3 (or more) pounds daily, so there is no correlation between fasting days and weight, weight loss or weight gain.

This may help you determine your reasonable weight loss expectations with 5:2 over time:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6600
Here are some tips that might help going forward:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6317
Enjoy the ride! :clover:
Re: Fast day weight
11 Jul 2013, 23:35
Lots of reasons for higher weight on a fast day. I personally weigh the least on the 2nd day after a fast.

There could be up to 2kg of food matter in your intestines, especially if you become constipated on a fast day. You could be holding water (water retention), drink more to persuade your body that its OK to let the retained water go.

You could be weighing yourself at different times of the day. For the most consistant times, weigh yourself very first thing in the morning, naked and after using the toilet. But before showering or having anything to eat or drink. My weight can shift through 6lbs from morning to evening.

there are loads of other reason, but these can be the most common.
3 posts Page 1 of 1