The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Just not hungry
12 Jul 2013, 11:52
As the title says, I am just not hungry. I am not fasting today but I just dont want to eat anything, has anyone else felt like this?

I have had 7 fast days so far, my last was Wednesday. I ate normally yesterday (well actually it wasn't normal for a Thursday as I was out with work so there was more wine and food consumed than usual) but regardless I ate well yesterday and today I just dont want to eat at all.
Re: Just not hungry
12 Jul 2013, 12:16
Hi Daisykitten

I feel exactly the same as you. It's the heat. I fasted yesterday and was able to go without lunch for the first time and wasn't hungry until about 8pm. Today all I have had is some yoghurt, blueberries and a couple of nuts. By rights I should be starving but no.

It's been that long since we've had a decent summer I had forgotten how the heat affected my appetite. This time last year I was on the mince and tatties :bugeyes:

I wouldn't worry, just keep hydrated and have something salty, or at least that's my Mum's philosophy.
12 Jul 2013, 12:20
I am glad i am not the only one!

I have had loads to drink and I just ate a few wasabi peanuts that I had in my draw at work just in case! Its weird I hope I feel like this when I am on holiday in a couple of weeks with the heat because it'll save me having to go to the gym while I am there!
12 Jul 2013, 16:33
Two days ago was a fast day. Yesterday, I did not realize I had not eaten until mid-afternoon. I was not hungry and did not think to eat. I ate a light meal, and was fine for the rest of the day.

The longer you do 5:2, the more strange things like that happen. :grin:
12 Jul 2013, 17:57
I don't honestly think I've been hungry since starting this WOE,and still struggle to eat daily allowance on feast days,and I've been following it for 3 months :?:
5 posts Page 1 of 1