The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I used to be quite consistent in weight loss. e.g. 200g-400g gained after a feast day and 400g lost after fast day.

Strange occurrence this week.

After a feast day i gained 1.1kg and then the following day after fasting, lost 1.2kg. Probably stress related as i had a horrific week at work as stress seems to affect my appetite and digestion.

Still seeing lower figures than ever before (or since starting 5:2/4:3 so its all good!
I wake up in the morning at weight A, by the time I go to bed I weigh A + 5 to 6 lbs. Its all water, maybe a bit of fat. I ignore daily weight now.
I lose a kilo every night. Sometimes I weigh myself before going to bed, then in the morning I'm usually about a kilo lighter. :confused: Our bodies are weird and wonderful things.
When you think about all the things our body has to do with all the nutrients we eat and couple that with the action of hormones, the effect of stress, the effect of what you have eaten e.g. Salty foods that may contribute to fluid retention etc it doesn't surprise me that there is a huge variation from morning to night. So long as one does not panic thinking that this WOL is at fault I don't see any harm in weighing daily to see the difference. I know that a sudden increase in weight in the order of 1-1.5kg means that TOTM is about to start. Knowledge and knowing your body is power.
Juliana.Rivers wrote: ... After a feast day i gained 1.1kg and then the following day after fasting, lost 1.2kg. ...

"There is nothing so over rated as sex and so under rated as a good bowel movement." - Mark Twain

:oops:
LOL @ ADFnFuel
6 posts Page 1 of 1