The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Than NL feeling.. (New Low)
13 Jul 2013, 01:37
:like: :like: :like:

Anyone experience that feeling of real achievement when you reach a new low in your weight.. you know when you haven't seen that figure before on the scales.. or not since you were a lot younger.

Ive called it the NL experience.

Happened 2 weeks ago for me .. and again this morning.

THIS EATING PLAN WORKS! It's a slow decline in weight but if you can be patient you get there. Ill be looking like my belly dancer profile pic soon! (and i used to be a belly dancer)!

I celebrated by eating my fave rice pudding i saved up from my last feast day.
Re: Than NL feeling.. (New Low)
13 Jul 2013, 01:45
Love that feeling myself too :) Congrats on reaching yours!

13 Jul 2013, 02:14
It is a fun realization isn't it? Almost like a time machine. Where was I when I weighed...

:-)
13 Jul 2013, 03:59
I'm 10 lbs away from mine but looking forward to it! I love the positive posts and feedback on this site. Thanks for posting, and good job. ;)
13 Jul 2013, 04:21
Yep, that NL feeling is great! :smile:
And I agree with you @ADFnFuel about the time machine thing. In fact, I started 5:2 when I realised how much over my 9month pregnancy (30yrs ago, mind you) weight I had become. :shock:
Now I'm trying to remember what I was doing at this weight... <woollybrain> :wink:
13 Jul 2013, 06:13
Congratulations on your new low Juliana Rivers. Wishing all the best for your future new lows :D

I love being able to look at the numbers on my scales now (I only have a set of old analogue scales with a needle pointer) but to see the numbers slowly but surely drift downward is a great feeling especially seeing as my recent history pre 5:2 had my numbers drifting upward.
13 Jul 2013, 06:24
Well done Juliana Rivers and I love your avatar :smile:
14 Jul 2013, 00:10
Thanks for all the encouragement. My feast day made the scales go up but because youve hit the low you know its so easy after a few fast days to get back down there. Moving below your new low then becomes you short term goal... kind of easier than the final goal I want which is another 2 or 3 kilos under.

I just thought about it and in simple terms if we just focus on our lowest weight and moving under that even by 100g or 1 pound, the target loss is just that bit closer and definitely an achievable goal. Step by step is the best approach.
14 Jul 2013, 00:33
Hitting those goals for me is like being a little kid on Christmas morning. The sheer excitement joy wonderment surprise when stepping on the scale and seeing the weight going down down down!
9 posts Page 1 of 1