The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

9 posts Page 1 of 1
Any really big losers here?
16 Jul 2013, 01:36
As I read more and more posts in this forum I'm seeing most of the weight losses range from a few pounds to maybe the most I've seen is about 40.

So my question, are there any of you here that have lost like 60 , 70 pounds or more?

I'm curious if this is a plan that, even if slow, can keep people, like myself, that need to lose alot, like 100 pounds on the plan.

Thanks
Re: Any really big losers here?
16 Jul 2013, 02:44
Dr. Moseley's program first aired in August 2012 in the UK, so there aren't that many that have been on it although IF isn't new to the world. There are a few that have lost quite a bit so far and are continuing to lose. @Moogie has lost over 41 lbs and @carorees has lost over 50 lbs, click on their names and then view their charts. They have both been 5:2ing well over 8 months. 5:2 DOES work and it is sustainable, several are on maintenance now though they didn't have as much to lose as you or I when they started.
16 Jul 2013, 04:26
I have lost a little over 40 pounds and need to lose at least that much more before I am done. Not sure if 80 will be enough; it could be 90 or 100. So, I am on my way to being a big loser. :confused: 100 lbs is absolutely possible and I know of quite a few big losers who hang at a different IF forum. It will take probably take me forever with my health issues, but I'm not in any hurry and I feel like my health is improving with each pound lost. I have been doing 4:3 for more than a year...getting close to a year and a half!
16 Jul 2013, 05:02
52 pounds lost in approx 4 and a half months of 4:3. Still have to lose another 115 pounds to make it to normal BMI, but I'm quite big framed so I'm not sure whether I'll stop before that. I will probably throw up a mission accomplished banner after another 80 pounds which will put me at fairly typical weight for a well built Aussie twenty something, but still have crack at the last 35 pounds.
16 Jul 2013, 05:07
I've lost about 30 lbs and want to lose another 20. I'm also doing 4:3 since March. I have been trying to exercise more, too.

5:2 is relatively slow for weight loss, but that's probably a good thing.
16 Jul 2013, 06:28
There is also this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6017, check it out.
16 Jul 2013, 08:03
I'm at 27 lbs off in 27 weeks, so I expect in 40 or 50 weeks, I'll be at 40 or 50 lbs off.

There was one month where I lost pretty much nothing but muscled up and I've just had a week off but other than that, it's very steady and predictable. Lots of people got into this at the start of the year so there are several other posters at the same point as me.
16 Jul 2013, 12:14
ok thanks all, thats fairly encouraging. I dont really care if I lose slowly, as Ive lost quickly in the past and gained it right back, so slow is fine. I have a bit of a headstart, as Ive recently lost about 30 from nasty treatment during a nasty illness. So my short term goal is to NOT gain that back, and make the misery at least have some value. To lose even 50 or 60 over a year, and if I can maintain this lifestyle would be fine too.

Thanks for the encouraging posts
16 Jul 2013, 12:27
Hi I've also lost quicker on crash diets which of course you gain back almost straight away plus more besides and think this is the best I've seen health wise certainly sustainable + if I had to I could do 4:3 forever,
Wow Ted you've dome amazingly well keep at it :like: :clover:
I love reading everyone's success stories keeps the motivation up.I'm really pleased with my 2 stone lost and already noticing the health benefits, Good Luck to all :clover: :heart: Sue
9 posts Page 1 of 1