The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

2 posts Page 1 of 1
fasting after illness?!?
20 Jul 2013, 09:17
Hi there,

I've been following the diet religiously since April then a fortnight ago we set off for a weeks family holiday. I decided I'd have week off but make good choices which I did on the whole except for the few glasses of rose I enjoyed in the sun. On the day we left I started with a sore throat by 2 days later I was floored with strep throat and it took near a week to eat again. My appetite has come back with a vengeance and I'm scared of putting weight on. Now I cant decide whether to start back fasting or calorie count for the nxt 4 weeks when we go on holiday to Fuerteventura for my 30th. Would love to get a few more pounds off for then.

What do you think fast or count?
Re: fasting after illness?!?
20 Jul 2013, 09:29
Sorry you've not been well. Do you have to make a definite decision now? If it were me, I think I might try a fast and see how it went, and then if I really needed to stop my fast day and eat normally, at least I would have had a few hours of fasting first.

Wishing you better :)
2 posts Page 1 of 1