The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

24 posts Page 2 of 2
Wow you are really eating less! Sounds like a positive move. I wonder if it's a temporary effect? Let us know!

I'm not fasting today. Was feeling good and weirdly energetic - unusual. Got loads done and felt like superwoman! :lol: Maybe I will crash and burn tomorrow?

Ate pretty healthily today but as I'm fasting tomorrow, I had a large meal of homemade lasagne. My fear of starving away to nothing (unlikely) persists.

Emergency oatcake at the ready for tomorrow! ;)
Jo
Ps -Selmoon on the miso soup, I got mine from a supermarket. Probably Sainsburys but I nip into Waitrose now and again if I pass so might have been there? It's a little box with about 5 sachets inside. Hope you track them down! Jo
498 calories - I splurged on a bit of cocoa powder and sugar in a decaf coffee!

Going to bed soon so I don't ruin it by eating more :-)
Morning Folks

Good Luck for today and I hope you don't need to use the emergency oatcake FJ. :lol:

Well done Tracieknits, a tiny wee treat like that isn't going to make any difference. (BTW I knit too..............yay a fellow knitter :P Not knitting just now as I had a shoulder operation a few weeks ago so couldn't finish off a couple of Xmas presents, missing knitting scarfs and hats for this cold Scottish weather)

Speak soon folks
Selmoon
Hi All

Fasting again today. The weather doesn't help!

Selmoon, if you like knitting you will have to try and see my neighbour Elaine Devlin, who is a stand-up comedian who uses knitting in her act! :lol: She's an awesome knitter and very funny. She sometimes performs in Glasgow and is from the West herself.

Good luck everyone who's fasting today.
Jo
Hiya Jo

Hope you are doing ok and haven't broken into the emergency oatcake yet!

Over in the West we have no snow yet, have you got some already? We are expecting it late tomorrow afternoon :P

Elaine Devlin, I am sorry to say I have never heard of her. Her act does sound interesting. Will keep a look out for her.

I am fasting tomorrow. Porridge for brekkie, miso for lunch, and prawn salad for tea. Must admit, not feeling my clothes any slacker. I don't know if that is because I don't have that much to loose. :( Has anyone else found that?

Enjoy your nite folks and hope it isn't too long to those who are fasting.

Sel
Hi Sel

I just posted under fasting today. Has gone OK but I feel weirdly tempted to grab some chocolate or a glass of wine or something. I must resist!

No snow in Edinburgh yet but we are thinking tomorrow maybe. My 9 yr old son is desperate for some sledging so some over the weekend might be nice. :)

Elaine isn't very famous (yet!) so you wouldn't have heard of her! She's also a physio and the comedy thing is very part time. She'll be doing a show at the festival in the summer also.

I feel a little less bloated maybe so assume have lost some water. Weigh in tomorrow so we'll see what the scale says.

Good luck tomorrow!
Jo
Hi Jo

Hope you survived ok.
Good Luck with the weigh in. Going to do mine on Sunday.

As for the snow, we are not getting any today, according to Christopher the BBC Scotland Weather man ;-( hopefully Saturday or Sunday tho.

Fast day today.

Sel
Hi Sel

We both lost 4 pounds here and I lost 2 inches off my waist! Yes! :D So pleased with that.

Good luck today - you can do it!

Jo
24 posts Page 2 of 2