The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Full?
07 Feb 2013, 19:48
I've been on the Fast Diet (5:2) for five weeks now and am finding the fast days ok to stick to and have dropped nearly half a stone.

However, I'm getting to the stage now that when I eat any food on the feast days I feel full really quickly and it becomes uncomfortable. I don't mind in one respect as it's making reduce my eating (and snacking) but I still want to be able to enjoy my food on my feast days. As I've never been one for big portion sizes, I'm not happy if I have to cut down either further because I'm full.

The other thing is I seem to be thirsty all the time - even though I am consuming more drinks than ever, I can't seem to quench my thirst. I wondered if I'm becoming more sensitive to things like salt in my food (I do like my seasoning!)

Anyone else having similar problems?
Re: Full?
07 Feb 2013, 20:33
Hi, I had to leave food tonight. I made sure it wasnt the crackling though ! I too feel very stuffed ,personally I look on it as no bad thing.
I'm not particularly thirsty though, in fact I wish I was as I have difficulty getting enough fluid in without forcing myself.
Barbara
07 Feb 2013, 20:36
I believe this is how this diet works long term, at least it did for me. My appetite just gradually reduced in line with my weight over time. I'm now at the point where to prevent further weight loss I either eat more feed days or only fast 1 day a week.

I certainly am not able to eat as much as before on feed days and I have faced the fact that the portion size I can eat is probably a more realistic and natural amount for my age, height, activity level etc.
07 Feb 2013, 20:47
Well I'd read that appetite would be reduced, which is fine because I'm definitely not snacking as much and I'm not craving chocolate/crisps etc but I don't want to have that bloated feeling after every meal because it's taking the enjoyment away.

Also, I've read other people have stopped losing weight because they aren't eating enough on the feast days to get the body kickstarting itself again.

Another problem I've had is that I find eating certain fruit now gives me stomachache (I think because it's acidic) and I'm missing it. I can't imagine not eating strawberries again!

I'm going to carry on anyway because I'm losing weight and it's the only 'diet' I've ever really been able to stick to and just see how I go. Maybe I need to review what I'm actually eating and see if that's the problem.
08 Feb 2013, 22:23
I did my first fast yesterday and thought I'd wake up starving. However ive eaten less than I normally would. Not sure if its physical or psychological
09 Feb 2013, 23:17
I'm feeling pleased with myself because it's not that I feel full it's more that I stopped eating before I was full. We ordered pizza tonight (obviously not a fast day for me) and between three of us we get a garlic bread and two pizzas, so really that's a pizza each and I a couple of slices from each and though could've eaten more I just felt I didn't need to. Nomrally it's my friends who stop first and I finish off any leftovers. I had a couple pieces (pieces not rows) of good quality chocolate and red wine and just enjoyed them, not guzziling. Marvellous!
6 posts Page 1 of 1