The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
lo gi
11 Feb 2013, 17:11
On my fast days, do I really need to be hung up on low gi food? Or as long as I try to be health and stick to 500 cal good enough?
Re: lo gi
11 Feb 2013, 17:30
Hi coco, the 'rules' don't say anything about low gi, it is just whatever works for you within the calorie limit. If you are just starting then focus on what works, for most of us it gets easier after the first few weeks anyway.

That having been said, you may find it easier if you avoid high gi carbs or avoid carbs at all as far as possible, because they tend to make you hungry again. But you will be the best judge of that. Most people doing 5:2 seem to find it best to leave nearly all their calories until the evening anyway.
11 Feb 2013, 17:55
Thanks, some times you can read too much advice, I quite like to eat an Apple and fat free yoghurt for breakfast maybe oxo for lunch then use up the rest early evening, then I read eating appalled first thing was not good... 3rd fast day so far so good :)
11 Feb 2013, 18:00
Seems a good strategy. My difficult time is late evening hence I save up the calories for dinner. Or maybe it is eating dinner in early evening that makes me hungry later on? (Just thought of that...)
4 posts Page 1 of 1