The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

8 posts Page 1 of 1
toughest day with hunger
01 Aug 2013, 08:03
This has to be my hardest day fasting. I can't seem to find a reason, this would be my 20 something fast, been at it since end April and with 3 weeks convalesces mixed in.

I have read somewhere here, that what you eat the evening before may determine increased hunger on a fast.

I havent been tracking properly as new scales just threw me with 3 kg extra. But somewhile ago I was 64.8kg now I'm bouncing between 62.4 and 63.2 now. I want to be real with my goal and get to 61kg, 58kg is just too hard to stay there.

I am sooo hungry and just finished my chicken semi dried tomato cream pasta and its only 6pm. I am a sook and think hormones are wreaking havoc with my will. Heck I was starving at 8 am this morning.

I am drooling and dreaming about food once more. Bring on the next day.

Strange thing is watching cooking shows is helpful while I'm starving. :shock:
Re: toughest day with hunger
01 Aug 2013, 18:36
I also enjoy leafing through cookery books on fast days, planning what's nice to cook in the coming feed days.

The only time I've really noticed hunger being more difficult is if I've eaten take out food,
Don't know if its msg or what but its as bad as fasting with a hangover.
So I really try to avoid both.

Hope you made it through the day ok :smile:
01 Aug 2013, 18:40
I've been O.K all day, but now I have had my dinner and gone over my allowance, I am craving carbs terribly. There is chocolate in the house and a malt loaf and they are calling me. This must be my 30+ fast too, I should be rolling with it by now.
01 Aug 2013, 18:44
Hi Zamale, some of my fast days have really tough and it is usually if I ate big the day before, or too many carbs. Some weeks I know I haven't eaten my TDEE because it seems like too much food. I think sometimes the stomach shrinks and expands. Hope I made sense.
01 Aug 2013, 19:37
It does matter what you eat on other days and it took me a while to figure out what I need to do to make life easier. I also had a difficult few weeks at about 3 months but it's much improved since then.

Last night I couldn't sleep after a fast day so ate apricots and an oatcake at 1am, but it was because my tea did not have enough protein in it. I don't cheat but I don't suffer either. :-)
01 Aug 2013, 19:46
Drink more water, have some soup,

This is my 7th fast and the first time I have not eaten at all. Saving my cals for a nice dinner, and oddly, as others have said, I think it's actually easier, than eating a bit early on, then being hungry all day, like any eating triggers hunger.

It's about 4pm in my world and in an hour I'll make a yummy dinner.

Hang tough zamale,
01 Aug 2013, 19:51
I was the same on Monday, I normally love my Monday fast but this week I was starving and really grumpy and didn't enjoy it at all. I decided not to do my 2nd fast as something must be up with my hormones so just going to relax. This is a way of life for me so I don't mind missing a fast and scales going up for a bit as long as when i do fast I'm a happy faster and not a stressed grumpy one :heart:
02 Aug 2013, 11:43
Thanks and I'm sorry for the folk having hunger issues, I too think mine is hormone related as i have tender bosom area to go along with that fast. I did piggy out on too much chocolate the day before my fast, so sugar overload. Damn that peri menopause, mucking me up.
8 posts Page 1 of 1