The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Trying something new - for me
02 Dec 2013, 19:25
I've been on this 5:2 journey since mid April, with a beginning weight of 146 kilos. Having primarily stuck with the basic concepts of 5:2, I've also dabbled in liquid only fasting and 4:3, for a month or two each along the way.

Around the end of July, I finally got below 135 but could not break 130, and bounced between 132 and 135 until mid November. It was then that a two-week Caribbean cruise was quite necessary. Fasting one out of the possible four fasting days was all that could be mustered, and although active while aboard, an impressive amount of food was consumed.

Upon returning to reality, the dreaded weigh-in day came too suddenly. Much to my surprise, there had only been a three kilo gain but there I was again, back above the 135 line. Then for some reason, at the very last weigh in (last Tuesday), there was another kilo gained and I was right back to the weight I was at the beginning of this July.

So now, with my tropical tan fading fast and the days growing ever shorter, I'm going to try yet another variation. Monday and Thursday will continue to be fasting days but there will be an adherence to 16:8 on the five feeding days. I am confident that this will help defeat the need to eat late at night, however, I am well aware of just how many calories can be consumed in an eight hour period.

Regardless of the amount of food that can be consumed, I believe this will provide the much needed structure that needs to be regained and the weight loss that needs to be reclaimed.
I can heartily recommend a change, it gets you through a plateau. It might not increase the weight loss, but gives you a mental break so you can tough it out. :cool:

In my experience of holidays since fasting, the expected weight gain from a feast filled vacation seems to arrive a week or two after arriving home. Just as you think you've got away with it, there it is. :doh:

As ever, a long term view is required.

You're looking great btw, well done. Don't rush, you will get there if you stick it out, you wont if you attempt a "punishing" regime.
Always good to mix it up. Saves you from getting fatigued. Good luck :clover: :clover:
I think that sounds like a great plan Bob.From what I've read on the forum the holiday weight gained comes off quickly once back to normal 5:2 life. Keep up the good work. You are doing really well.Good luck!
Xxx julianna
Thank you all for the kind encouragement. I definitely need to mix things up to keep interested.
As I have read elsewhere, besides the weight loss, what I enjoy so much about the 5:2 WOL is that no matter where you are, it's remarkably easy to pick right up again.
I haven't stopped 5:2ing but old habits have crept back; habits that need to be squelched.
Good luck!
Good luck Bobby you will get to your goal, there is no rush. As the saying goes "What goes up must come down" that includes your weight too! :clover: :clover: :clover:
Let us know how it works out for you @bobbyd98643 ! Best of luck, but I'm sure you won't need it! :clover:
10 posts Page 1 of 1