The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

5 posts Page 1 of 1
So I usually do pretty good on my fast days (Doing 4:3) but last night didn't work out so trying to recover. I usually save my calories for a decent dinner. Well when I got home yesterday my wife had made some chicken, and brown rice, but had to also cook up a big Tri-Tip that was going to go bad if not cooked soon. So I ate the the chicken and rice, but my daughter also made homemade white bread, which I could not stop eating, but didn't do too bad, just more carbs than I wanted. Also had to try a bit of the Tri-tip. Basically, started off good but ended eating over my 600 calories I am sure - maybe closer to 1000. Well when I stepped on the scale today for my after fast day(I weigh every day and use Libra to average out), I could see that I was up a bit from where I expected (My numbers usually are pretty predictable). So today I decided to just continue my fast a bit longer. I did my normal day after fast workout (Walking/running, and abs), and then had a fresh green juice concoction I kind of made up for breakfast, which has given me plenty of energy and I am cruising along on water today into the afternoon. So I have had maybe 350 cals today thus far on my second consecutive fast day

I am not sure what to do at this point for tonight, and tomorrow is supposed to be my normal fast day, but my schedule is all off now. That Tri-Tip is waiting for me at home too so I will have to face it . . .
I had to go and google Tri-tip as I'd never heard the word before and had absolutely no idea what you were talking about. NOW I understand, steak, well, in answer to your question, just relax and over the next few days adjust your calorie intake on your feast days to compensate for your slight excess on your fast day and it should all even itself out over the weekly average.

Hope this helps, there are no magic formulae for these things we all just have to make the best of it but it usually works in the end, good luck, :clover:

Ballerina x :heart:
I wouldn't fret too much mate, it's just one day out of a lifetime :)
Enjoy the tri-tip tonight and fast as usual tomorrow. :) And Ballerina, tri-tip may be steak but it's more than just any steak, it's a very tender, delicous, scrumptious, juicy cut of meat. *drooling* :starving: It's a fast day :wink:
I would just take it and not fret too much. Enjoy!
5 posts Page 1 of 1