The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Using special milk shakes versus 40/30/30% 1600 cals per day.
Well I found that interesting and the 40% carbs/30% fat/30% protein/1600 calories a day is surely the normal eating that we have lost over the last 20 years.
Onwards and downwards, press on :0)
Shame I missed that, will try to get in I player

Ballerina x :heart:
It was interesting. Bit cruel having 3 cooking bacon and 3 with just a milk shake! There have been several groups on the diabetes forum that I follow who have done well on the shakes but it seems to be mostly blokes that go for that method. There's a good rate of success with low carb. How low seems to be an individual thing based on how insulin resistant you are.

It was interesting that they all lost weight and yet the ones eating real food were all wary of the volume and the 1600 cals.
I've known a few 'shakers' over the years and none of them have kept it off in the long run (or, indeed, as soon as they came off the shakes). I suppose you could say the same for those who start 5:2 then give up and put on what they lost but still...
Yes, I don't know if there was ever any follow up to the original Newcastle project with regard to the effects lasting. Surely if people resume the habits that put them on the slippery slope in the first place the will go back to square one. With any plan its about sustainability in real life isn't it? You also need to reach a certain point and have that mental click that makes you prepared to persevere and see it through.
6 posts Page 1 of 1