The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

10 posts Page 1 of 1
Since some of the energy from food is used by the body to produce heat ... is it a good idea to warm up the food you eat on a fast day? Will it make me less hungry?
I find warm food more satisfying.
There is such a miniscule calorie advantage to eating cold food that if you prefer it warmed up eat it warm (unless its ice cream!!) :grin:
Quite agree, I feel more full if I have a hot meal on fast days than if I have a something cold i.e. salad
Depends on the weather! :grin:
If it's cold or I've got the 'cold fasting body side effect' I want something warming on the inside.
Personally, there is nothing more filling and satisfying that a bowl of homemade soup.
I agree with everyone else. Warm food is much more satisfying. Although an apple with a touch of peanut/almond butter is also filling.
Soup is my favorite fast day meal by far. Like every one else mentioned I find soup more filling and it is one of the least calorific foods available. For a while, earlier this summer I was on a salad kick. But, I have returned to my soupy ways. :wink:
I agree, soup for me when it's chilly outside, a big vat of tomato, garlic and chilli preferably! Salads never seem very fulfilling somehow, unless it's a gado gado smothered in peanut satay sauce of course!
Lots of warm tea and warm broth on my fast days keep me satisfied...even on the hot days of summer.
10 posts Page 1 of 1