The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Weekend Survival Tips
10 Oct 2013, 11:50
So. I'm leaving my husband and 2 girls behind this weekend to visit friends. I'm going back to a place I lived for 4 years and I have a lot of catching up to do!
Already I have plans for dinner 2 nights and I see lunches looming and breakfast planned for Saturday morning.
I'm really excited but I don't want to undo all the good of todays fast and gain a few lbs as I've a wedding to go to in 2 weeks time and the dress I bought needs all the help I can give it!
Any suggestions, or should I just relax and enjoy the weekend while looking forward to Mondays fast? It's just that I've only lost half a pound the last 2 weeks and I suspect I'm on track for a bigger loss this week!
Re: Weekend Survival Tips
10 Oct 2013, 11:57
Ohhh it sounds like you have a great time coming up!
life is too short..enjoy,it doesnt mean you have to go madly overboard!
The flexibility of this WOE is what makes it brilliant..if you can trust yrself to get right back on track soon as its all over,i would just go for it
And many peeps here say they often lose after feasting..mixes things up and takes the body by surprise!
Have a groovy time! X
10 Oct 2013, 11:59
If your schedule allows it you might try 16:8 while you are away.

Alternatively just go and enjoy your weekend but don't go crazy. If you drink alcohol have two glasses of water between every alcoholic drink.

You mentioned that you may be in for a greater weight loss this week. I never count my chickens before they are harched in terms of weight loss. There are weeks that I am relatively "bad" but somehow I managed to lose, there are weeks that I watch what I eat like a hawk and I have no loss to show at the end of it and sometimes I am bad and the scales confirm that or times that I eat well and have a loss to show for it. I can never accurately pick when I will lose, naturally YMMV.

Regardless, I hope you have a wonderful time away and if I was in your shoes I would go and enjoy the weekend but not go crazy.
10 Oct 2013, 12:03
Yes, forget about weights. Enjoy yourself and the go back to fasting on Monday. That's the whole point of this WOE.
10 Oct 2013, 12:27
16:8
Low carb. Easy when dining out
One meal a day if you can and save up your TDEE for a great night out
Relax and enjoy :cool: :cool:
11 Oct 2013, 19:32
:smile: Relax and enjoy your weekend - this WOL should fit in with you, not the other way round. Hope you have a fab time.
12 Oct 2013, 00:53
It's easy - portion control. You can go out for dinner every night and drink alcohol, and you can eat everything on the menu at all the breakfasts and lunches but you still won't gain weight as long as you're controlling your portions. Simple.
7 posts Page 1 of 1