The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

4 posts Page 1 of 1
weighing /measuring yourself
24 Jul 2013, 22:48
Hi all, quick question, do you weigh/measure yourself the same sau each week, i started my first fast on saturday so weighed/measured in morning, i have done 2nd day today so should i weigh/measure on sat morning??

Thanks
Yes, I would
Most people weigh/measure themselves first thing in the morning after a fast. naked and after using the toilet, but before having a drink or having a shower. Usually after their second fast.
It gives an artificial weight in that its probably the only time your alimentary canal is going to be that empty and that you are that de-hydrated. But its consistent and consistent is what you need.

I used to have amazing differences in my weigh ins at weight watchers because it was in the evening, I could swing 4 to 6lb differences each week and all because of what I had eaten and drunk that day (including water retention).

I hope that helps.
Some of us weigh every day & use an app to smooth the results. It gives a trend line as individual measurements can vary hugely & it's easy to note the direction without getting hung up on the fluctuations.
4 posts Page 1 of 1