The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

13 posts Page 1 of 1
My OH loves a nip of whisky and ginger in the evening now and then, and I am partial to a hot toddy when feeling under par, but I was reading about sherry and it's loveliness and wondered if you good people had your preferences? It seems manzanilla and fino are good to go but should be refrigerated and drunk within a couple of days which is too much for us alone.
How about you?
Ewe... sorry, neither. Dad was partial to a drop of manzanilla, but the bottle lasted a good few months.
I like dry amontillado. Only have before a roast dinner - we keep it in the cupboard - shouls probably go in the fridge
We drink Fino or Manzanilla at Xmas, a bottle will last a fortnight if fridged but they never have to! The drier the sherry the shorter the life once open, they are only about 16/17% alcohol so not much more than wine. Sweet sherry and port are 20% or so and will last for months even if not in the fridge.
I just love sherry, full stop :)
Don't know much about sherry. I can't drink wine or beer because it makes my rosacea flare up. Hard liquor doesn't, so I've discovered Irish whiskey and renewed my acquaintance with bourbon. Right now Tullamore Dew is my favorite.
What do I think? Wheeee! :eat: :eat: eh, but really, I would only use them for cooking or pouring over my dry cake. Or ice cream. Now tequila, that's for drinking :like:
I don't often drink it, but I enjoy Islay whisky in a completely unadulterated form; no ice, water, lemonade, ginger. I love it just as it comes.
Irish whisky was recommended, (Black Bush,) as an election stress reducer and I have been enjoying it with ice during the campaign. Sherry was my parents' after work tipple and I like it in winter as a pre-dinner drink - where in summer I might have a G & T. It is very hard to get good sherry here, specially dry. You can buy sweet. I have to ask all my friends and relatives to bring it over when they come from the mainland.
Mmm, Scottish single malt, lovely!! Neat though, no additives. Sherry, I love a Pedro ximenex as a treat with a Spanish meal. I do prefer muscat and tokay to a sherry though, just as well I'm in the right place for it!!!
Whiskey = *bleurgh*
fino = :like: :cool:
I was holiday on with a friends family when I turned 15 (many many years ago) well to celebrate they gave me my first alcoholic drink - a glass of sherry. Eewwww I thought it was disgusting, haven't touched it since.
Well, I'm shocked. I've got bottles of sherry in the cupboard that must be 10 years old - just tested a drop of each as fasting today and they are fine. Dry and sweet. Of course, they only last that long because I don't much like them. Gin, on the other hand, has a very short shelf life here, although longer since 5:2.

Chrispy10
13 posts Page 1 of 1