The FastDay Forum

General 5:2 and Fasting Chat

7 posts Page 1 of 1
What have I done wrong?
21 Dec 2014, 12:02
Hi All,

I was doing really well and lost 6.5lbs over six weeks and but since last week, my weight has gone up by 5.25lbs..... how can that be? I've not been massively over eating.

I've been drinking around 2- 2/12 litres of water every day but this past week I've felt like I am retaining some of that, as I have not been 'peeing' half as much as I was.

This is so frustrating, as I am now 5oog off my starting weight :frown:
Re: What have I done wrong?
21 Dec 2014, 12:30
I don't know if this applies as I don't know your age, but could it be Time Of The Month approaching? Or have you been eating saltier foods of late? Or a lot more carbs than usual? You are not necessarily doing anything wrong, weight moves in mysterious ways. Disheartening, I know. I can put on or lose5 lbs in 2 weeks without it seems over or under eating.
21 Dec 2014, 13:36
Hiya@barbarita

Time of the month was the week before last and during that week I gained steadily but dropped back at the end of the week. Then this week I remained the same until Thursday and have been gaining every day since.
Im drinking lots of water and keeping the carbs pretty low but I have been taking magnesium and potassium supplements and have been consuming more salt, so that could be it
21 Dec 2014, 14:25
Looks like you've solved the mystery then Raggy.
Just want to add this question....Do you exercise?
And I'm really glad that you weigh so regularly so as not to get a massive shock.
21 Dec 2014, 21:32
@carieoates

I used to exercise 4-5 times per week but am now only doing two pump classes a week (didnt manage any exercise last week due to other commitments) and a tiny bit of cardio.

I prefer to weigh daily so that I can see fluctuations and like you say, not get a nasty shock at the end of the week
22 Dec 2014, 01:13
Raggy
I don't know if this applies to you.
I have heard that some people simply "blow up" with water intact, something to do with an allergy/immunity to it.
Maybe herbal and black cofee are easier for your body to "flush"
Tenshi :clover:
22 Dec 2014, 14:20
@tenshi
I tend to drink herbal teas..... Already had nearly 3 liters today and not had anything too salty and feel like some of the water is finally going ☺️
7 posts Page 1 of 1